Saturday, July 29, 2017

The Slowdown

So yeah, that slow down I was talking about?  Completely real.

Considering the small tradelist I am keeping up with, the issues I am finding with Deckbox, and waiting for the influx of new traders on CardSphere, it has been a quiet couple of weeks.  Since I have a very small wishlist on Deckbox, people are not willing to get a trade done because of shipping costs or I just don't have enough to trade for.  I can only assume that the CardSphere slowdown is based on already receiving all the cards I needed from the current traders, so now I need to wait for new traders in order to get more cards.

I am expecting some cards coming in from both CardSphere and Deckbox.  The slowdown with CardSphere has been extreme considering the cards I was getting in the beginning.  Even after adding a bonus to most of my cards on my Wants list, the cards are just not coming in as much as they used to be.

Deckbox on the other hand, it has been really difficult to get the anything done.  I do have three trades coming in, but there are only 4 Phase 1 cards within those trades.  I have had to keep sprinkling in Standard cards to get the trades done.  It is nice to see those Phase 2 cards coming in, but I highly doubt I am going to be able to finish up any Phases on Deckbox.  There is just not enough movement on that site for me.  It did work really well for the downtrades, but now that I am only looking for small amounts of cards, it is getting more and more difficult to get anyone to complete a trade.

This is where I feel CardSphere does have it's advantages.  I can still build up my balance in order to get more cards, and then just wait for those cards to come in.  I have been sending off Common, Uncommon, and Basic Lands that adds up higher than $1.00.  Most of the trades have been like this and that balance keeps going up and up.

I hope at some point I will be able to get the higher priced cards I am looking for considering that I am not looking to cash out of the site.  It is very interesting to be able to send out mostly bulk and think about getting back cards of value.  For instance, I have around $300 on my balance, and I could technically get high valued cards if I had them on my Wants.  I honestly believe that I could get those higher priced cards if I offer up 100% of the value.

I am going to wait to finish up with Phase 1 and Phase 2 to test that theory.

Hopefully in the next couple of weeks I will have some more updates on the add's that are coming in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Break time

I am going to be taking a break from updating my blog until I start doing more with Magic the Gathering.  I am not going to sell the collect...