Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Good old Deckbox

Card Count: 104

Wrangled in a rare Deckbox trade.  The pickins are slim over there on that site for me.  With the 14,000+ traders, there are only 58 traders worldwide that have cards I am looking for, and not one of those traders has more than $20.00 worth of cards that I need.  My Receiving list on CardSphere is empty, and has been for almost a week, but there are only a couple thousand traders on that site.

I have hope that CardSphere will ramp up, and I have a good balance to get all the cards I need, but there is a definite slow down after that initial push of cards I got.

This is getting to be so bad, that I am seriously considering to combine Phase 1 and Phase 2, but pay out the Revised Tournament deck for the last Phase 1 trader.  What I am afraid of, is that people have cards to fill out my orders, but don't want to trade because of the low trade pricing.  It is something I have seen myself do.  If the trade does not go above $1 I don't even pay attention to the trader, because of the shipping costs.

Anyway, Here we go!

Some 9th Edition adds.  I was really happy about the Elvish Champion.

I know, it is one of those Phase 2 cards, but honestly it really is the only way I have been able to get anything done on Deckbox.

What the fuck!?  Standard?!  Yes, standard.  Again, need to get some trades done somehow, so we search for the standard cards to fill out those orders.  If I could only ship for free.

So yeah, 104 left and I am stalling out.  I really need to figure out what to do next.  Granted, with the Legacy sets, I just did the final purchase and finished up on my own, but I did not think it was going to be this hard with the Modern cards.

It just brings to light how many people do not trade online at all.  With millions of players, and 14,000+ Deckbox traders combined with 2000+ on CardSphere traders, it seems like the trading population is very tiny compared with the playing folks.  I wonder what population even knows of online trading, or if they are so timid of the whole "online" aspect they do not even bother with it.

I mean, you are giving someone else your address, and letting them know where you live.  And that is the most viable place where you would keep your collection.  I can see why a lot of folks would shy away from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Break time

I am going to be taking a break from updating my blog until I start doing more with Magic the Gathering.  I am not going to sell the collect...