Saturday, July 1, 2017

Thank you CardSphere!

Card Count: 245

So yeah, go away for a work trip and you will come home with a mailbox full of packages to open. This is going to be a longer post, but that is because I am just trying to catch up with all these beautiful new cards ticking down that card count.

Seriously, we are below 300 needed cards.  We started this years ago with needing over 25,000 cards. This is from that first blog with the countdown.

Phase 1: Get Playsets for all the Core and Expansion sets
Phase 2: Get all the Duel Decks/From the Vaults/Beginner sets
Phase 3: Trade the not NM/M cards for NM/M cards
Phase 4: 1 Sealed Booster Box of every Core and Expansion set

So yeah, it has changed since and we no longer need Phase 2 and switched it up to supplementary sets, and that was only because we were able to finish this older phase with a trade to ABU Games when I traded away the sealed Unglued booster boxes for a ton of sealed product.  Phase 3 is still there, but I don't think that will be a phase anymore, but rather something we will do while trying to complete these phases.  And Phase 4, that will just happen along the way as we have more money to spend.  I had spoken about this part of the collection, but it is much more about budgeting than phases.

So yeah, here we go!

Nice little package with a basic land.  This is one thing that I do enjoy, I get 1-4 cards a lot with this site.  There is not a lot of huge senders, which is super cool because I know they are adding to their balance to get cards while just turning their bulk into cash.







This was a larger trade that I got in.  This trader actually accepted multiple sends, but sent them all at once in a single package.  I can tell you this much, I was the happiest to get the basic lands.

Sweet 5 carder with a Lorwyn card!  And...and...I only need one more Saviors of Kamigawa!

Yes, that is 1 of the 3 cards left I need for Betrayers of Kamigawa that should all be coming in!

So yeah, this BoP was not that great, and it came from a Canadian trader!  Completely unlike those north of the wall.  But yeah, just accepted it and moved on.  Seriously how many Birds does one collection need?






This is a big and wonderful trade that I got in, and I am actually competing with this guy for the top spot of Cards Sent on CardSphere.  I actually got the top spot for a week or so, but then he took it back.  I am hoping that with this latest number of cards I am sending to take the top spot back!

Champions of Kamigawa card in this trade.  I only need 4 more cards, and 3 of them are basic lands!


Bla bla cards...

Ooooooooooooh!  That Eventide card is 1 of 2 that is going to get finished out for that set in this blog!

Single card that brought a trader some cash for that balance!!!

Core to the core.

And more Core...

And Core, oh but wait.... EVENTIDE Done!!!!!  BOOM!!!!!  I seriously need 5 basic lands to finish out the whole Lorwyn / Shadowmoor blocks!

And more Core...  I am seeing that I really did not put enough priority into the pre M10 core sets, but yeah we planned it that way, since all those sets were reprints.  Core...

So yeah, 90% core cards, and 10% cards that are getting me closer to the playsets from all the expansions.

Champions of Kamigawa: 5 Cards
Betrayers of Kamigawa: 3 Cards
Saviors of Kamigawa: 1 Card
Ravnica: 1 Card
Lorwyn: 7 Cards

That is all that I need to accept to finish up the Expansions.  That means I will have a playset of every card from The Dark to Kaladesh.  A fucking playset!  What the fuck is wrong with me?  Literally it is $10.47 away.  I could eat that much at McDonalds...  Why don't I just go buy them off TCGPlayer? Because it is the principle of the thing!  I am also showing about 47 cards that should be coming in, and I really need to setup up my Deckbox trades.

Whew, well I am off to pack up some packages and send some cards out, then I will see what I can get done on the Deckbox.  This is super exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Break time

I am going to be taking a break from updating my blog until I start doing more with Magic the Gathering.  I am not going to sell the collect...