Monday, July 3, 2017

Lodestone Bulk

So, I get back from my work trip and open up all the CardSphere cards I have to accept, and I get a bug up my ass to pick up that top spot for cards sent on CardSphere again.  So I pack up a bunch of envelopes and send them off to get opened by some lucky traders.  Then it looked like I had an open Sunday, so I figured I would head up to the Lodestone to dig through some bulk.

The last time I was up there digging through their basic lands one of the owners said they had some boxes full of "Weird" items that they did not inventory to sell.  These were odds and ins they picked up from collections they had purchased.  It was mainly duel decks, commander decks, Un-sets, and old vintage cards.  It was a pretty good haul too with 2 5,000 count boxes and a couple long boxes.

Let's say that it was a good day to dig through some bulk.

I found this gem!
I was extra happy to find this card considering now I only need 10 more 4th Edition Korean cards for the complete set and it is extremely difficult to find any cards from this set / language.

I also found a ton of Unhinged cards that I need!
Considering I got all the lands I need, I am just happy to find these cards.

I did not think I would be able to fill out the Starter 1999 sets, but here lay some great pickups.





Then to my surprise Starter 2000 showed up!
These are difficult to spot, just cause there is no set symbol, but the copyright date is more toward the middle of the bottom of the card.  With a set that only has 53 cards, it is good to be able to pick these up.

Then I saw these ugly ass cards from Portal Second Age.
These were in really bad condition but I figured I would try and upgrade at a later date.

**Edit, these cards are actually Anthology Hurricanes.  The Portal Second Age cards have black borders.

I was also able to grab some Arabian Nights bulk.
Now, these just look like just crap that no one wants, but these to me are pure gold.  The Moorish Cavalry is both versions, and a wonderful pick up.  Considering the amount of older bulks I might try and go for a playset of all those sets.

Antiquities!!!
These were total speculations based off of how useful they can be with Artifacts.

Legends

These were the cards I picked up from Unlimited that I did not need for the set.






And a couple of Alpha.

And the big haul is the Beta cards.
These were the big pickups in my mind.  For most of these I only paid $0.50 but there were some really good pickups.

Here are the ABU cards that actually go toward the Phase 3 countdown.



So why is bulk so wonderful?  I basically spent 6 hours going through a load full of cards, and just kept pulling cards until I had a serious stack of cards.  Any good LGS will see that someone is willing to pay good cash for cards that won't move, and in the meantime I actually grab some cards that are worth something.  A lot of those cards that I picked up for $0.50 ended up being over $1.00, and I even picked up some Beta rares that were above $10.00.

Now with most of this older stuff I have no plans to trade or sell, and I am using them to build up the collection for the hopes that later they will be worth more than they are today.  In reality it was just wonderful pickups for cheap prices that could not be passed up.

It has been a while, but I really need to do a review on Lodestone Coffee and Games.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Break time

I am going to be taking a break from updating my blog until I start doing more with Magic the Gathering.  I am not going to sell the collect...