Friday, October 27, 2017

Battle for Zendikar Basic Lands

Total Card Count: 93

Yeah, still keeping a count, but really all these cards that are in standard, but currently there are 3 cards I have found that I am still missing.

So I am currently going through and counting every card in the collection, to make sure that I have 4 of each, and I am correct in my collection statement.  And through that process I have found 2 Portal cards, and 1 Portal Second Age card I still need.  Once I get done with this, I am going to purchase those cards, most likely from Card Kingdom, and then I will move on to the next stage of the spreadsheets.

The next stage will be to add condition columns and then go through and grade each of my cards.  This is so I can compile a list of upgrades I can get for any card I am needing.  This way I can try and get a playset of NM cards.  This of course is very low on the priority list, just because I am pretty happy with what I have, but if I can get an upgrade while trading, I want to know what I might need.

So yeah, had to pick up some BFZ Basic Land non-Full Art lands.  There was a set of basic lands that were released in the Gift Boxes and Deck Builder tool kit.  I have had the hardest time trying to find these.  Not only are they basic lands, and they are non-full art, and they were only released in the Gift Box and Deck Builder toolkit, NO one has them in stock.

Through TCG Player I think I paid $1.99 for a single Plains.  Seriously, impossible to find anywhere.

I think they are pretty available, it is just no one sells them or trades them, or gives a shit about them.  I ended up paying way too much for these basic lands.

Here we go!


So here, I needed to pick up the lands along with these two Planeswalker deck cards I needed.  The only reason I needed to add the extra cards were because I needed to meet a $2 minimum from the seller.  So yeah, suckage.  But another good reason to not fill out Standard needs right away.  It is always good to need something.


And my final 2 to make the set of 5 basic land cards!  It was pretty nice to pick up the last Planeswalker deck card I needed in Amonkhet.  Again, needed to fill out a sale to be larger than $2.

I also got a trade in from CardSphere for the Planeswalker decks from Ixalan I posted.


I am loving CardSphere for this!  People really open those decks up, and I am just happy they are willing to send me the stuff.  I am lowering what I will pay for these cards, so I am able to get them for cheaper than what people actually sell them for.

So yeah, finally done with BFZ, had to add a couple more cards to the needs, but hopefully I can get through this new count, and pick up my needs from Card Kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Break time

I am going to be taking a break from updating my blog until I start doing more with Magic the Gathering.  I am not going to sell the collect...