Thursday, October 12, 2017

Getting close to the end

Total Card Count: 10

The Greatest Magic the Gathering blog in the world!!!!!

So I officially got sick of trying to trade for the cards I am looking for, and decided to just buy everything I was looking for, and this is the first post on how I am getting what I need.

We are talking about Phase 1 and Phase 2 now.  I am still looking for 10 Battle for Zendikar non-full art basic lands, but that is going to take me a while to find and I don't want to spend $3.00 for them right now, but I am pretty sure I will at some point.

I went to TCGPlayer this run to finish out everything like I normally do.  It is just a lot easier to find the cards on this single site.  I did have to go shopping in specific sellers just to fill in the $2.00 minimum, which really bugs me.  If they are charging for shipping then why would they require for me to buy more than $2.00 worth of cards?  I know that they are spending the time to pull the card, pack the card, and then ship but come on.  Ok, so yeah, that does make sense considering I don't even look at anything under $2.00 on CardSphere when I am sending cards.

Anywho....

Here we go!

Channel Fireball
They sent a great package with everything I was looking for in the conditions that was posted.  Unfortunately I did not need the Sylvan Basilisk as my documentation was inaccurate.  That Rhox is a pretty awesome pickup, but I already have the 2 sealed learning decks coming in the mail.

Brute Force Games
And this is the last card I needed for 9th Edition!  What a long road...

Geeks and Games
Picked up the Spined Wurm from Starter 2000 for reasons, but I needed to grab those Ixalan cards to get above the $2.00 mark.  So yeah, over paid on the Ixalan cards to get s single Starter 2000 card...  Sigh...  I did grab a couple other Starter 2000 cards, but with my recent discovery I had those cards in my inventory.   There is a lot riding on the sealed decks coming in, I am getter very anxious.

CCG House
Exhaustion is the same deal as my other Portal Second Age cards, a miss in the inventory caused me to pick up some more that were not needed.  I did need that Hand of Death from Starter 2000 and the Righteous Fury from Starter 1999, so just happy I did not need to order more just to get the deal done.

Gators
Waste of a shop.  Complete waste of a shop.  They sent me a Starter 1999 Stone Rain instead of the Starter 2000 one I was looking for.  So really, I paid for the Ixalan card and the Commander card for nothing.  Then the guy picked a fight with me on the bad score I gave them.  Waste of time.

Competitive Card Shack
Another huge waste of poo.  Sent me the wrong Goblin Hero since I was looking for the Starter 2000 one, not the Starter 1999.  Bad score for them!  Luckily they just refunded me the pennies for the card and I over paid for some more Ixalan cards just to get the order pushed through...

TCG Player Direct
Great service on this on as always, just wish TGC Player Direct was the only way to get cards instead of always going through other sellers.  With this order I was able to finish out 6th Edition, 8th Edition, Portal!  Oh yeah, and since there are literally no Lord of the Undead out there, I ended up paying double for that stupid card...

So yeah I need 11 more cards to finish up Phase 1 and Phase 2, and all 10 cards should be headed my way to finish it out.  With this shipment I finished 6th, 8th, 9th, and Portal.  Here is what is left from the other sets

7th Edition: 1 card
Portal Second Age: 2 cards
Starter 1999: 6 cards
Starter 2000: 1 card

Really hoping I can close out these last sets before the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Break time

I am going to be taking a break from updating my blog until I start doing more with Magic the Gathering.  I am not going to sell the collect...