Friday, October 13, 2017

Starter 2000, Part Duex!

Starter 2000

Sack of shit.


Ok so I picked up a Starter 2000 Shock from a Deckbox seller and he wrote this little message on what he was saying a Starter 2000 card were.  Since there are 6th Edition reprints in this release, he was saying that he knew how to differentiate a 6th Edition card and a reprint in Starter 2000.

Here is the blog that I wrote about that:
http://dogonsiereht-mtg.blogspot.com/2017/10/starter-2000.html

So anywho, with what we had talked about, my interests were peeked and I wanted to know exactly what was a 6th Edition reprint in Starter 2000 was.  Did a little searchy searchy on the interwebs, and bam!  Picked up 2 packages from ABU Games for $19.99 each!  Of course I picked up 2 because then I can keep one sealed and open one.

The seller had mentioned that the rosette was different from the 6th Edition cards, and you could tell with a Loupe.  So I opened up one of the packages, and here is what I found.

Open up that bitch and this is what you get.  A tutorial package and 2 deck packages.  This product was to be able to teach new folks in how to play the game.  So much, this one even came with a CD!!  And you will also notice that there is a new Rhox promo in there.

Rhox!!

I don't think computers come with CD ROM drives anymore...

I am sure that if I were to read everything in this learning packet, or watch the CD, I will find out what these are for, but I can only assume it is to tell which player is which color.  And that in turn tells them what packs to open and play with.

"The survey says!!!"

Rules?  Where we are going, we don't need rules...

Ok, here we go!  Red deck wins!  And of course we are starting with this set because it is the "A" set.

They were calling this the playmat, way back in the day they did not have playmats.  A little life total, and a place to put your deck and graveyard.  Then it tells you where to put the creatures and lands!  FUN!

They even tell you how to play the deck you have just opened!

I know I might be going through a lot of stuff, but I want to be complete with what was opened.  So you can see that this pack is all 6th Edition cards.  These are the cards that were supposed to have the different rosette than other 6th Edition cards.

In the second pack I found these 6th Edition reprints.

And here are the Portal and Starter 1999 reprints without the set symbol.  These I consider the only Starter 2000 cards that are out there.

And more land!

Ok, here comes the "B" packs!

Another "Playmat".

And Play Guide

6th Edition reprint pack.

With the lands.



And the other pack with the true Starter 2000 cards and the 6th Edition reprints.

Ok, so I just wanted to list out everything that I got from the Starter 2000 packs.  Now I have replaced everything in my collection with what I have so that I know that I got these cards from an actual Starter 2000 deck, but with what I found on all this the 6th Edition reprints are just 6th Edition cards.

Anyone selling a 6th Edition reprint as a Starter 2000 card is ripping you off.  That Obsidian Golem in the set that is listing for $50 is a complete ripoff.  All the 6th Edition cards in Starter 2000 are just 6th Edition cards.  I don't know how many more times I can say it, but it is clear as day that the Deckbox seller was just wrong.  And the person who told him the information was totally wrong too.

I took a long deep look at every rosette on the 6th Edition cards and I found the rosette that the Deckbox seller was talking about, but the issue I have is that I found the other rosette in the 6th Edition reprints.  That means that there is no way to prove that one rosette is from 6th Edition, and the other is for Starter 2000.

The only outcome that I could think of was that they were all just 6th Edition cards packed up for the Starter 2000 release.

So like I said, I replaced all my cards in my collection to consist of these cards because I knew I opened them from a Starter 2000, and I have it documented in this lovely blog, but really they are just 6th Edition cards.

The only cards that are Starter 2000 cards are the reprinted Portal and Starter 1999 cards without the expansion symbol, and that Rhox promo.

If at some point, someone can prove to me that the Rosette or something else is proving they are different than 6th Edition cards, I am more that willing to change my opinion.  For now, anyone selling 6th Edition reprints as Starter 2000 cards is a complete liar and they have no idea what they are doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Break time

I am going to be taking a break from updating my blog until I start doing more with Magic the Gathering.  I am not going to sell the collect...