Thursday, October 12, 2017

Why do I do this to myself?

Standard Card Count: 91

Ok, so let's get this out there right now.  With Phase 1 and Phase 2 coming to an end, I am going to start tracking what I need for standard after my box openings.  Currently we are sitting at 91 more cards, and that is after I took a big hit for doing a stupid thing.

Let's take a look at what a mistake looks like, shall we?

So, I went into the LGS, Lodestone Coffee & Games on a lovely Wed afternoon, to spend some time dumpster diving in some of the bulk boxes they have.  Mainly I was looking for the non-Full Art basic lands from BFZ that I do not have.  I am proud to say that I did fine three of them!


But if you know me, and what happens when I go to a MTG store, you know there was more things bought.  And the trip down that stupid rabbit hole continues.  All the shiny things, for cards I don't even need, just tears me apart.

What?  These are bring reprinted in Iconic Masters?  Why not pickup enough for another playset?

Yeah I said I was done with Tenth Edition a while ago, but as I was going through some of my cards it looks like I was missing a 4th Goblin King, so I picked one up.

This completes my 2 play sets.

And here is a single playset of a card I should have picked up for $6 but instead decided to wait until after Worlds and had to pay $13 per...  sigh...

Considering my last mistake with those lands I figured I would pick up the second playset just incase someone figures out a really cool use for them.  I am very interested in these because of the similarities to Maze of Ith.

I like this one because of the uses it has with EDH.  You can cast instants and sorceries at 1 less mana, and then it flips to give you a mana to cast a spell, and that creates a copy of the spell for another target.  I just think it opens up a deck possibilities.

This is for my playset of this card.  If you have been reading my blog for a while, you will know that I have an affection for this card.  The 5/6 Flash card that lets you play an Instant in your graveyard for free just gets me in the heart.  I don't know why, I just like it.  If WotC ever puts out an insane Instant that costs a ton, I feel this card will just blow up.








And then I made my mistake.  I decided to try to finish out Amonkhet while it was still in Standard.  Yes, it means I just paid a ton to support my LGS.  I have no idea what took me over to try and get everything while it was still in Standard, I did not even have a deck to build.  Sigh, yeah no idea why I did that, or what I was thinking.

So yeah, really stupid that I bought Standard cards at the Standard rates, just felt like trying to finish some sets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Break time

I am going to be taking a break from updating my blog until I start doing more with Magic the Gathering.  I am not going to sell the collect...