Sunday, November 5, 2017

Finished with the Recount

Keep it going for the Greatest Magic the Gathering blog in the universe!

Cards Missing: 12

So after I got done with thinking I was done with the collection, I had to do a recount of all the cards to make sure I am all set with everything.  Sure enough, I was missing 12 cards...

Portal - Thing from the Deep: 1
Portal - Prosperity: 1
Portal Second Age - Dakmor Sorceress: 1
5th Edition - Stampede: 1
9th Edition - Mogg Sentry: 1
Time Spiral - Sidewinder Sliver: 1
Shards of Alara - Clarion Ultimatum: 1
Darksteel - Darksteel Forge: 1
Mirrodin -  Grid Monitor: 2
Mirrodin - Swamp (295): 1
Ravnica - Swamp (295): 1

Lucky me, I was able to find everything but one basic land at Card Kingdom!

www.cardkingdom.com

I am really starting to like this site more than any other site.  It is really easy to order anything, and keep a running wishlist.  They have pretty much anything that I am looking for, and I can get it all from one place.  Beats the hell out of TCGPlayer, who almost always have missing inventory, or miss graded cards.  Let's see how it goes, but excited to almost be done again!

I will have to head up to the LGS again to get that last Ravnica Swamp, but I think I should be able to find it pretty easy.

Speaking of the LGS, I headed up there last Thursday to pay for my Iconic Masters Preorder and saw some nice little pick ups.

Figure I would grab these while I can, just need 1 more for the 2nd playset.

I am officially done with all my Masterpieces!

More than likely this card will get banned in modern, but I just had to get these to finish my Modern Masters 2015 playset.

And this one fills out my 2nd playset from Scars.

The only issue I am having is that I am just picking up stuff here and there, without any real reason to be buying things.  Iconic Masters is one thing, but do I really need all these Mox Opals?  I am in quick need to rein in the spending and focus on what is needed for the collection.

One good thing is that I have over $400 on CardSphere I could cash out for cards, or just keep in there and letting ride.  They did add the ability to buy and trade sealed product, so I was able to add some things I wanted to pick up.  I also added some of my sealed booster boxes on there, maybe I can trade those away for sealed boxes I am looking for.

So I am not excited for the Iconic Masters set that is coming out, and I only have 2 cases coming in.  I was able to pick up one case from ABU Games on the cheap, and I did get the case from Lodestone for less than MSRP.  I think I will just open a case, and then keep the last 4 boxes around for trading.  Again, I am just looking for a single set, but I will more than likely try and get a playset of the Rare lands, and a playset of the Mana Drains.

Well I am hoping to have more updates, and I think I am going to start posting my sends in CardSphere.  Once I have all my cards in from Card Kingdom, I will also need to go over what I am going to change in the spreadsheet.  I do need to do a card grading update on every card in the collection, but that is the long game right now.  I hope to add columns for Deckbox and CardSphere to be able to add to those sites a lot easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Break time

I am going to be taking a break from updating my blog until I start doing more with Magic the Gathering.  I am not going to sell the collect...