Monday, December 5, 2016

Long time no talk

It is almost a year ago since I have wrote last, and a lot has changed.  We got Kaladesh, Anthology Planechase, From the Vault: Lore, Eldritch Moon, Conspiracy: Take the Crown, Shadows over Innistrad, Eternal Masters, Commander 2016, 2 Duel deck, and a large amount of other small stuff.

My count last blog was 14,887 and I have been very hard at work in driving that down.

There is no real excuse outside of what type of priority I put on MTG Blogging in my life, and I am really hoping to bring that back to the front.  Magic in general has just been a chore as of late, but within the last couple weeks I have been able to get everything organized and sorted.  I was pushed out of my office, to a larger bonus room, and now I am in a different office.  Hopefully this will be my last move.

So I have been able to keep up with all the buys this year, but let's hope that WoTC slows it down a bit next year, because I am afraid I am not going to be able to keep up.

Oath of the Gatewatch
Duel Deck Blessed vs Cursed
Shadows over Innistrad
Gift Box Shadows over Innistrad
Eternal Masters
Eldritch Moon
Conspiracy: Take the Crown
Kaladesh
Kaladesh Starter Planeswalker deck
Duel Deck Nissa vs Ob Nixilis
From the Vault: Lore
Commander 2016
Gift Box Kaladesh

When I list it all out, it looks like a ton.  I even bought more Kaladesh Bundles then I normally would, and got suckered into those Buy a Box promos for Kaladesh for those 3 card packs.  I did get an Expedition with them, so I can't complain too much.  I am still kicking myself in opening them, I should have just left them closed as I did not need anymore of the cards.

Currently my number for my collection is set to 2,081 left to get.  I have adjusted the number a bit to remove Portal, Starter, Conspiracy, and Un-sets.  I am also not counting the Masterpieces because those usually take me a lot longer to get.  But with getting so close, I am starting to get my missing Portal, Starter, Conspiracy, and Un-sets.

I am still keeping out Alpha, Beta, Unlimited and Portal Three Kingdoms.  I hope to get those sets as soon as I can, but the priority is to get the playsets first.  I am also just trying to get a single set of any non-major release set, but with the change that I am trying to also get a playset of first release cards. For instance Conspiracy: Take the Crown - Sanctum Prelate, I just don't want to open sealed product to get them.  I keep opening newer sets, and I am hoping to be able to trade for them after I do open sealed product.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Break time

I am going to be taking a break from updating my blog until I start doing more with Magic the Gathering.  I am not going to sell the collect...