Monday, December 5, 2016

Ooooooooooooh Sexy!

Tempest Booster box!


That is right!  I splurged a bit on this one, but it has been on my wish list for quite some time.  I know the LGS I bought this from has had this product for a while now, and they asked if I wanted it a while ago, but hey I was Black Friday shopping and figured I would finally pick up this bad boy.  Honestly I was there just to pick up my Anthology Planechase, but saw they had a small pile of older booster boxes sitting behind the counter.  If you were wondering I picked it up for $850.00.

Yeah I know, it is a bit of a high price for the booster box, but I figured it is an item that I am never going to open, and it is going to sit in the collection until I sell it.  So with a 10+ year time horizon I figured the cost basis of what I spent will be fine at $85 a year at minimum.

I know, I mention cost basis and I am more of a collector but keeping those numbers in mind when buying does mean something.  I don't want to just splurge on everything, but keeping track of what I got it for will help when I sell the collection and taxes I will have to pay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Break time

I am going to be taking a break from updating my blog until I start doing more with Magic the Gathering.  I am not going to sell the collect...