Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Incoming Order! 2050!

So I decided to make a purchase for no other reason than to close out some sets.  With this purchase I should be closing out these:

Modern Sets
Mirrodin
Darksteel
Fifth Dawn

Coldsnap

Time Spiral
Magic 2010

Legacy
5th Edition
Urza's Destiny
Urza's Legacy Foil

So I got took with an e-mail that TCGPlayer sent out saying you could get 5% cashback in store credit, so I thought I would go shopping to close out some of my sets, and a bunch of cards later I ended up getting some packages.  I did end up getting some good store credit, that will lower my cost basis on my next TCGPlayer buy, but best of all I am closing out 8 sets and 1 foil set!

Let's go through the sellers and what I got.

LegendaryCreature
 - (3) Fifth Dawn: Krark-Clan Ironworks

This person can suck it.  NM to them was Played to Lightly Played.  I sent him a bad score, but pretty sure they will not even bat an eye.  There were nicks all over the cards, and the backs were scratched up to all hell.  The trouble in trying to correct the issue is not even speaking to this seller again.  He is going on the Do Not Buy list.  These types of buys are ones where I could block the sellers when I shop on TCGPlayer so I never even see them in the searches.


Epic Gaming 
- (1) Magic 2010: Jace Beleren

Great buy, nothing to say here.


Mana Tide Games
 - (1) Darksteel: Death Cloud

Great buy, nothing to say here


Pink Bunny Games
 - (2) Coldsnap: Panglacial Wurm
 - (2) 5th Edition: Aspect of Wolf
 - (2) 5th Edition: Cockatrice
 - (2) Magic 2010: Plains (231)
 - (1) Magic 2010: Plains (233)
 - (2) Magic 2010: Swamp (239)
 - (2) Magic 2010: Swamp (240)
 - (2) Time Spiral: Mishra, Artificer Prodigy
 - (2) Time Spiral: Thelon of Havenwood

I am very happy that I got the cards in the conditions that they were in, but really this seller needs to start using top loaders.  Even just as a barrier to protect the cards a bit.  The envelope was ripped a bit, and the sleeve used to bind them together was ripped.  I gave them a less perfect score telling them to use top loaders.




EDHMTGEtc
 - (1) Magic 2010: Garruk Wildspeaker

Great buy, nothing to say here


ChicagolandGames
 - (1) Tenth Edition: Grave Pact

Great buy, the shipping was fantastic!  Way above and beyond what I would expect for the card.  Simply great shipping!


adventureON
 - (1) 5th Edition: Meekstone
 - (1) 9th Edition: Lord of the Unreal
 - (1) Time Spiral: Undying Rage

Great buy, nothing to say here



With more orders coming in, I should have some more posts this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Break time

I am going to be taking a break from updating my blog until I start doing more with Magic the Gathering.  I am not going to sell the collect...