Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Eternal Masters!!!

Don't fucking look at me!  Yeah I did it, I bought some stupid Eternal Masters to open.  So what is it to you?!


So there is a store that is closing down, and they have these deals going on while they try and liquidate the inventory.  So I have been stopping up there every week to see how low the prices would be.  This is a store that has been selling everything at list prices, so it is taking them a long time to get the prices down.

They are going to be shutting down on Dec 31st, and this is the last week they are going to be selling anything, so I thought this was going to be my lucky week.

Bad news - They are not liquidating as much as I thought and the prices were not as good as I thought, so I did not pick up what I had budgeted for but I have been itching to crack some packs so I picked up a case.  I am only going to be opening 1, maybe 2 boxes.  I could go for the whole case, but not sure just yet if I am going to do that.  I already have a ton of Eternal Masters cards up for trade and not a lot of people trying to pick those up.

Good news - The previous owner is doing a buy out and going to open another store just like it in that spot.  That means they will also have a game room, and I can still go up there and play if I don't want to drive all the way down to MPLS to play at Mead.

So let's get these open and I will update this post with what I got later.

After opening 2 of the booster boxes I think I did ok.  Here are the Mythic and Rare foils I pulled:


I pulled a Mythic Natural Order which is pretty cool, and a foil Wasteland!  The Vindication also has some value, but I already had that one.  Just a reminder, I don't collect foils but I also don't trade away foils if I only have 1 just in case I do start collecting foils.

Here are the rares:


Obviously there were more than this, but these were the top 6 rares.  Not great, but not bad at all. Remember that this is all trading fodder, and will be used to finish up the collection.

And the Mythics:


Hopefully these will bring in some more cards to the collection.  All these prices are way down based on the "reprint" of the set for the holidays, but I really think that there will not be another Eternal Masters release.  They might keep up with Modern Masters, but I think Eternal Masters was just too much for the player base and now they will kill the set at least for a while.

From the pricing on my spreadsheets I saw a gain of $415.12 for the non-foil cards, and $206.61 on the foil cards.  This is derived from the TCG Mid prices, and if I received list for all the cards that I opened.  So technically I made my money back just from those two booster boxes, the issue is I won't see 95% of what I opened.  I would be lucky to trade away 5% of what I opened within the first 2 years.  10+ years, we will have to wait and see what types of players come into the game, and what they expect to collect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Break time

I am going to be taking a break from updating my blog until I start doing more with Magic the Gathering.  I am not going to sell the collect...