Saturday, June 7, 2014

Conspiracy is here!



Got the e-mail that my cards are coming from iDeal808, and to tell you the truth I was getting a bit scared I was not going to get the pre-order from this site.  I did not get the e-mail until around 10PM CST time with the tracking number.  Granted they are in Hawaii, and there is a huge time difference, but I have never purchased anything from this site before so I always get a bit scared.  Lets just wait and see what the boxes look like when they get here.

I was also able to get a single box from an LGS that I cannot name, due to them doing me a huge favor and just selling me a box.  They requested that I do not say anything to anyone, but since I asked to buy a box, they bent their rules to sell me a single box.


So, I am going to have 5 boxes and I have decided to just collect a single card from the set because having a playset would not do me any good because this is more of a Cube set once you have drafted. I have even been thinking about not opening any of the boxes since it is such a cool draft set, and after I open the cards it might be worth less.  But even with that being said, Cube set might be a completely different collecting pile.

Even if I were to open the boxes, how and where will I sort them into my collection.  These cards are not Standard legal, nor will they be any other sanctioned tournament legal deck.  First thought was to just sort them into Pre-Modern like I do with my EDH cards, and just make sure I don't use any of the cards in any of my decks.  But now that I think about it, I could just start a new box for multiplayer type decks.  I am not sure if they are going to do another printing of this set or not, but since I sort my "Un" and Portal sets in Pre-Modern I will most likely just sort this set the same way.

So I will be waiting a couple weeks before I try and open these boxes, just because I want to see where this set goes because I think the set might have more worth if I keep more sealed of the set.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Break time

I am going to be taking a break from updating my blog until I start doing more with Magic the Gathering.  I am not going to sell the collect...