Monday, June 2, 2014

Collection Storage

So what does the outcome look like?


This is a picture of my collection, left is my Legacy and to the right is Modern with a small box of Portal and Portal Second Age (why is it there?  I have no idea.)  Each box has a single color assigned to it, with Legacy having 2 boxes per color,  and the Modern boxes are just about to break into the 2 boxes per color.

So I started out with using 3200 count boxes (One of my cats likes to watch me):


With these boxes I had an issue with my racks that I store my boxes in, I could only hold 6 boxes on each shelf and I was wasting a lot of space so I moved to 4000 count boxes (seriously I need to feed my cat):


These boxes worked a lot better with the racks I am using.  You can fit 9 boxes on each shelf, and the boxes only stick out a bit.  I have found that they are also better for storing cards that might be in larger sleeves.  Granted I would never really use the larger sleeves, but you could if you wanted to.

Now you might see some weird tan colored card behind each of the cards, with some small label behind them, but I will go over that in some other blog.  They are separator cards that I use to organize my collection, because WoTC reprints cards spanning multiple sets and I needed to keep each card in different sets split up.  But yeah, I will go through the stupid OCD process I use when a new set comes out for the labels.

I do have another shelf for my Standard cards, but I am not going to post it here.  I still use my 3200 count boxes for Standard but that is because those boxes fit better in that shelf.  Since Standard cards rotate out of that play type into Modern I just kept using those 3200 count boxes and sort the cards into the 3 row 4000 count boxes.

But as you can see if I were to make a 2 color Legacy deck I would be pulling 6 of the 4000 count boxes, and the 2 standard boxes, and that is just for the color cards.  Then I would have to go through 3 Artifact boxes, 2 Land boxes, and 2 Gold boxes.  You could only imagine what my tables look like when I make a 3 color EDH deck.  It is a lot easier to build Modern or Standard deck when you think about boxes to go through, Legacy and EDH has to be the most number of boxes I go through to build a deck.

FYI I bought the racks at Target and the boxes at BCW.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Break time

I am going to be taking a break from updating my blog until I start doing more with Magic the Gathering.  I am not going to sell the collect...