Thursday, June 12, 2014

Online Trading - Pucatrade.com

https://pucatrade.com/

Puca Trade

So just saw something about this site on theMeadery and oh boy, not sure how I feel about it.  First off I don't think there is a lot of people on the site now, and it is really hard to see who all the traders are.  So I signed up for the site, and you get 100 points for signing up, than 200 points for giving them your cell phone number, and then another 100 points for setting up a want list.

The object of the site is that you get points for giving cards to other members, and you can only get cards based off the points you earn.  Each card is given a specific point value, and that determines how many points you would get or spend.

So if you start out with 400 points for just following their rules, and you put 2 cards on your want list that are worth 200 points each, and someone sends you those cards you would end up with 0 points, but have the 2 cards you were looking for.

If you have 0 points, then no one can send you cards, and you need to find people that need your cards, send them the cards, and then you get points.  With 0 points you need to find people to send cards to, so the next step would be to setup the 'Cards Have' part which will fill out your inventory, then you can go to the 'Send Cards' section.  This will show you people that have 'Card Wants' that match your 'Cards Have' and you can send them cards.  This will then increase your point total, and more people can send you cards on your 'Card Wants' list.

I am just not sure about this whole thing.  It seems like you can send cards and get points, but you really need to keep an eye out on what you have on your want list.  From what I can tell, everyone just has super crazy expensive cards on their want list.  There is no real way to look at what some people might want, or maybe no one needed the cards I was looking to give.

Honestly I am just not sure how I feel about this site.  I think in theory it is a good idea, but most of the people on the site just want the really expensive cards and it really does not have value when it comes to trading.  Maybe I am more of a traditional trader and I want cards for cards rather than building a pool of points for giving people cards in the hopes that someone sends me cards I am looking for.

What if I were to give a bunch a cards away and no one gives me any cards in return, and all I get are these points I never get to use.  Not sold on the idea at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Break time

I am going to be taking a break from updating my blog until I start doing more with Magic the Gathering.  I am not going to sell the collect...