Monday, June 2, 2014

24,763 to go, Scars of Mirrodin Complete!



Top story - Koth of the Hammer received!

Oh wooo, so I got a playset of Scars of Mirrodin, bla bla bla...  Well for me it was a pretty big day.  Since I came back to magic around New Phyrexia and I did not get a lot of the Scars block, it was a pretty big deal to me.  It is just an accomplishment for myself having left the game since Urza's block and finally getting the playset of the block that I came back with.  Innistrad, Return to Ravnica, and Theros are pretty much gimmies because I had been actively been playing in those blocks so I had been purchasing the boxes and fat packs as they came out, but Scars block I had to back trade for cards that were close to out of print.  I also did not know what I was doing, so I made a lot of mistakes when I was purchasing that block.

It is pretty much the fact that every block that I am able to finish, it is a big win for me.  Before I was just trading for everything and anything I needed.  It did not matter if it was a common or a mythic rare, I was trying to trade for them.  I have since then focused my trading to the oldest block, and the most recent block out of standard just so I was not using a shotgun approach to the cards I am trying to obtain.  That means that now I have completed the Scars block I can move on to the Zendikar block, which in itself is a huge deal!

Now for the oldest block, I am still working on the Mercadian Masques block with needing some of the MM set left, completed the Nemesis set, but I have almost nothing of the Prophecy set.  Granted a full set of Prophecy is only $49, but it is still pretty hard to get cards in good condition let alone finding someone who has some for trade.  I will be writing a blog on my method on getting the cards I need, and how I am approaching this task, but for now I wanted to share that I am done with the Scars block!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Break time

I am going to be taking a break from updating my blog until I start doing more with Magic the Gathering.  I am not going to sell the collect...