Sunday, January 22, 2017

Apple Notes removed Evernote

So Evernote started to charge money for using the app, this all came in the wake of Apple releasing more features in their Notes application.  I would have stayed with Evernote if they kept it free, but there was no way I was going to pay for the application if Apple had something I could use for free.

So let's take a look at what I think is a better Notes application.


So you can see that the application looks a lot like Evernote.  You can have your notebooks off to the left, and keep all your notes separate.  This again allows me to keep a note for every set that I still need cards, and I can add what ever I want to the note itself.

This information is all kept in iCloud and so like with Evernote, you can keep these notes on multple devices.  The image above is what it looks like from my Computer


Here is what it looks like from my iPad.  You can see the comparison to Evernote is very close, and since it is an Apple app, I tend to think it is more secure.  Well, that is if I keep my iCloud password secure.

It looks identical on my iPhone, just smaller.

My wife and I also use this app to share notes between each other.  She does most of the shopping since I am more willing to impulse buy then she, and I tend to spend more money.  I will update the list we share with what ever I need, and she just needs to check that list when she is shopping for us.

What you need to do is create another gMail account that will be for the both of you, then on your Apple device you create an internet account with that gMail username and password.  Sync the Notes feature and boom!  Since you can add multiple internet accounts to your single Apple device, you can have this new account be a shared account just for notes.  Then you do the same thing to your significant other and you are sharing notes with them.

I would love to be able to share my MTG notes with her, but I don't think she would ever buy me a Magic card, ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Break time

I am going to be taking a break from updating my blog until I start doing more with Magic the Gathering.  I am not going to sell the collect...