Friday, January 20, 2017

1850 With a medium trade, only decreasing by 1

I got in 18 cards in, but only the 8th Edition Evacuation is going toward the countdown.  Why would I do a trade like this?  Because the trader wanted a bunch of Portal Second Age to complete his set.  I will always try and do a trade with a collector, just because I know how important it is to find someone with a bunch of cards you need, and to get a trade done.  Also, I find it beneficial to make good trades with other collectors, just for the chance they might get cards that I need, and it just makes it easier to trade with collectors than players.

The trade was a little bit to the advantage of the other trader in this case, because he was looking for mostly common and uncommon cards, while I got most rares and >$1 cards.  Since the cards I received were considered better, I try and cut them a deal since they are clearing out my common / uncommon cards.



Most of the stuff I grabbed were speculations, and I am really grabbing a lot of Magic Origins rares because they are so useful when building casual decks.  I did extend myself in grabbing some Kaladesh cards, but with the introduction of Energy I thought what I grabbed could be a winner if they keep up with Energy within the game.  I would say the big pickup was the Sword of Feast or Famine was the big winner, and forced me to give him a pretty big discount.  Even if they reprint the card again, I still see those swords as winners.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Break time

I am going to be taking a break from updating my blog until I start doing more with Magic the Gathering.  I am not going to sell the collect...