Thursday, May 7, 2015

16,458 Zendikar, Conflux, and Mercadian Masques Complete!

Today was a good day!  I got three trades in, small trades but important ones.


Boom! Mercadian Masques is finally done!  What is so exciting about this finish? Well back around 2011 when I got back into Magic I was trading a lot but it was all over the place.  I had no real strategy in how I was going to get all the cards that I did not have since taking a break from Magic after Urza's Destiny.  Now I still need a bunch from that set, but that is the set that I stopped at, so I felt it only fitting to start back up right where I left off.  2011 is a long time ago, and it has taken me this long to finish this set up!  I did buy most of the common/uncommons from a LGS online store Lotus Vault: www.lotusvault.com, but it is so nice that I finally finished the first set since taking my break.


As you can see, right there in the middle is Conflux.  And all I can say is that it is so fitting that I finished the Conflux set with Conflux the card.


And here is yet another card for Morningtide.  I am getting close on this set, but now that I have really started on the Modern cards I should be able to finish this set soon.

Zendikar is also a set I was able to finish up with.  I had all the set cards for the longest time, and the only thing I was missing were the basic lands that were not full art.  Now I had bought some packs, and a Fat Pack of Zendikar trying to get the non full art lands, but all I got were the stupid full art lands...  ;-P

I have spent countless hours digging through basic land boxes at LGS's, and asking about these cards on deckbox, but no one had them for sale or trade.  So I decided to logon to ABU Games (www.abugames.com) and just buy them outright.  Those lands also came into today, so it was a three set finish day for me!

I still have a couple trades coming in, one which is over 900 cards, so expect an update soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Break time

I am going to be taking a break from updating my blog until I start doing more with Magic the Gathering.  I am not going to sell the collect...