Friday, May 29, 2015

Modern Masters 2015 Discard


Whaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

So I was opening up one of my boxes of Modern Masters, and in the place of the foil card was this piece of work.  At first I was upset, and felt like I was ripped off.  I went to Reddit and saw some posts on this mistake WOTC made, and got a little more angry.

I sent a message to the LGS asking them if they would replace my cards with something worth anything, and they said that I could contact WOTC for replacements, try and sell it on eBay, or sell it to them for $5.

I also went into a LGS and asked them about it, but they made it sound like they were pretty rare and going for some nice cash on eBay.  So I decided to go to said eBay and find out for myself.  Low and behold there was one on auction and it was up to $39.90!

And!  And!  I found some forums talking about the filler cards from an older set, and Star City Games and Channel Fireball were selling them for like $600!

So there was a mistake, and these things have a chance to be really worth something.  If this is as rare as it might seem, collectors might really want these things.  I plan on just holding on to them until they stop printing Modern Masters 2015 and then check again to see where I am at.

I will also keep checking Reddit to see if there are more reports, but I am hoping that this is just a first print issue, and they will fix it moving forward.  Then, this might actually be a good pickup!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Break time

I am going to be taking a break from updating my blog until I start doing more with Magic the Gathering.  I am not going to sell the collect...