Monday, May 11, 2015

Modern Master 2015 Pre-Order in


So the hype is here, and I have decided to go big.  I am not really going to say how much of this set I am getting, but it is going to be more than I did last Modern Masters set.  And I know there are a lot of posts out there about ROI based on the pack cost, and there is the increase price of the pack from $6.99 to $9.99, but in reality everyone was paying $10.95 after the first release and all the MSRP packs got bought up, and now that there are really no pack available, people are paying way more than the $10.95 per pack.

So initially the booster boxes might be a the MSRP price, but considering the cards that are in the sets, and the new expansion announced earlier this year to come after the Khans of Tarkir block, I can only assume that this set is going to be a big one once the new block is released.

I could be wrong and the short term ROI on this new Modern Master 2015 set could go down, but considering that the print cycle is going to be shorter than the first Modern masters set, and the set itself is pretty amazing, the long term ROI on unopened booster boxes is going to be good.  And once you factor in the Return to Zendikar set, with all the Eldrazi hanging out.  And the fact that Ugin is back in town, it could be a pretty spectacular set to own.

If they reprint the Eldrazi, we might see a huge drop in those prices, but I am hoping that some new Eldrazi come out, and we keep the original ones back in Rise of Eldrazi and Modern Masters 2015.

I will update this blog as soon as I get confirmation from my pre-order.

UPDATE!!!

So yeah, call me a bastard or don't, but I went a little crazy with this set.  I am pretty sure I am not going to open all my boxes, but then I think I will for some good trading fodder.  But if I hit a big foil, I think I will take it slow.

Who the hell am I kidding, I am totally going to open all the boxes.  Why would I keep more sealed then I have been?

Shout out goes to Mead Hall Games for getting the preorder I wanted.  I know with the high demand of the set, it was a big deal for them to fill out my order.  And considering that, I did not want to try and get more than I should have from a single store, considering the other bigger store in Minnesota (Source Comics and Games) was only selling 1 box per customer to meet the demand.  I highly doubt I will be going to the Source to get that box, but I just might if I really go crazy.

And I got my other preorder from IDeal808.com.  I had shopped there before for the Conspiracy set, since I could only get a couple boxes from Mead Hall Games, so I decided to hit them up again.  Well, the IDeal808 was not planned at all, and was a complete impulse buy.  I was more thinking of just getting more trading fodder, but then why would you not just buy singles?  Yeah yeah, shut the mouth...  ;-)

I don't really want to post the amount of the boxes I am getting, because I do feel a slight bit of shame for going too crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Break time

I am going to be taking a break from updating my blog until I start doing more with Magic the Gathering.  I am not going to sell the collect...