Monday, May 18, 2015

15,450 Big Modern and a couple of small trades in.

I got a big trade in from one half of a couple that I have traded a lot with on deckbox.org.


Normally I would take a picture of all the cards and post them, but considering that there are 907 cards incoming on this trade I would not have been able to post all the pictures.  Besides this was a pretty large down trade for me, but considering that I was trading with a couple that I have done many trades with, I was more than willing to do a down trade with these folks.  Just another reason why I love building relationships with people on deckbox.org.

All in all it was a good trade for me.  I was able to get a ton of rares that I needed for the Modern sets and fill out some of the cards I needed for Legacy.  I did trade away some Dual lands in the trade, but the gains I had from cards that I got back in the 90's and being able to trade them to folks that I really enjoy trading with, for cards that I really needed because I was stupid and did not keep collecting cards, I really consider this a win on all counts.



Got this pair on a first trade.  Big card to pick up on the Phyrexian Altar.  I know, these sets that are considered Legacy sets are not really worth much, but I still consider those sets very valuable.  They are still on the reserved list, and the print cycle on the sets are not as much the cards in print now, but I think in the coming years the value on these cards will only increase based off of availability.  

But yeah, those sets are the bane of my existence.  A horrible reminder of a time in which I decided that going out to bars, chasing after girls meant more to me than playing a game I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Break time

I am going to be taking a break from updating my blog until I start doing more with Magic the Gathering.  I am not going to sell the collect...