Saturday, September 23, 2017

Trading, always trading...

Phase 2 Card Count: 77

What is going down on the Greatest Magic the Gathering Blog in the world!

Let's start to track this since we are so close to Phase 1 being complete.  The wife and I were out and about, so I decided to check into the PO Box to see if I had anything, and to pick up some more international stamps.  Low and behold I had three envelops in the box.

- "What's in the box?!"

I was expecting some CardSphere trades and also 3 Deckbox trades, and to my surprise it was the three Deckbox trades!

Here we go!

So these are for my Standard needs, and came from a trader I will always try and get a trade done. She is a long time trader that I have been dealing with for years now.  She was looking for a Revised Copy Artifact, and we figured out a trade.

I also picked up these for trading fodder, and if you were to add up the prices of the cards you would see that she had the better end of the deal by a lot.  Not only did I trade away a reserved list card for some Standard cards, but also go less than what it is worth.

Well the Copy Artifact was not in the best condition, so that knocked down the price by a couple bucks, and most of the time when I trade with someone I have traded with a lot before then I try and do my best to get any trade done.  Even if I might be down $1 or $2.

This trade was for complete fodder.  Why did I go for this trade if I did not need any of the cards? Well the cards that I sent were mainly Invasion block Rares, Uncommon, and Commons that I had sitting around for the longest time and they were not going anywhere.  And the trader that I had been working with, this had been the third trade in the matter of a couple weeks we had done, so I felt like I should try and get something done.

The Dig Through Times are a power play in a couple years.  Hoping that something comes of them sooner or later, and I seem to just pick them up if I can't find anything else.  They are always a good $2 filler.  The Ghost Quarters I think are just great for land destruction.  The next version of Wasteland.  Vesuva, well what more can I say?  Just a good pick up.

Here is the money maker cards, straight to the Phase 2 count.  I was able to pick these up for a bunch of Revised cards.  Seems like I found a collector that is just starting out on Deckbox, and he might be trying to finish up his Revised playset.  For me it is a great pickup since I am not having any luck picking up these final cards on my wishlists.

The reason for this trade is quite simple, I am trading away old Revised cards for cards that I need. Simple as that.

I am hoping that I can keep writing more blogs like this, with the reason why I do the trades I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Break time

I am going to be taking a break from updating my blog until I start doing more with Magic the Gathering.  I am not going to sell the collect...