Saturday, September 23, 2017

Let's Go Bowling

Card Count: 9

The Greatest blog on Magic the Gathering brings you!!!!!!!!!!

Yup, by the card count you might be able to guess that I am totally sick of trying to trade for these cards to finish up Phase 1.  I started out with just picking out cards for Phase 1, but then decided to see what I could find to finish up Phase 2.

I do have to say that I am pretty lucky to be near an LGS that keeps a fantastic online store with a great inventory and good prices.

Dreamers - Lotus Vault

They are local to MN and currently have 3 stores, with an online store.  They have been doing some growing within the last 5 years, consolidating the online business with the retail stores, and then going out and buying up another location.

They have been around since the 1990's and here in MN were the shop to play at when I was first starting in Magic.  It was definitely considered the place to play for the higher skill leveled players, and I had never actually gone there to play because I was more of a kitchen table player.

Now a days, there is more of an up and coming vibe in their St Louis Park store, with a lot of younger players.  They have also branched out to tabletop games, and sand pit games like Warhammer, and are not just a Magic store.

One great thing about the online store is they manage their own prices, and do not follow TCG Mid for pricing, and with that small piece of information you know they pay attention to the game.  I have found that places that just go off of TCG Mid are lazy and just turn over the cards.  When you find a store that prices out every card, you know they know what they are doing.

I do have to admit that since they manage their own prices, the prices are a bit lower.  There are some times that you can catch cards that have spiked, and their site has yet to adjust the prices.  It does not happen very often, but it does happen from time to time.

Let's see what I picked up, Here we go!

Starting out with a couple Invocations I picked up.  Now I only need 1 more before I have the full set. I know!  I said I was not going to pick these up right away, but with them canceling the addition of Masterpieces in the expansion sets, I figured I would be more safe than sorry and just grab them.





I only need one more 6th Edition card to complete the set!

And with these, there is only one more I need.  I was supposed to get it from a CardSphere trader, but it has been over a month and I have yet to see it.  He said it was returned to him by the post office, but I have my doubts.

Ninth and only 3 more to go!!!!

Suck it Tenth Edition!!!!!  Done!!!!  I am surprised because I thought this was going to be the last set to complete, but Boom!!!

And that brings Phase 1 down to 9 more cards needed.  I have put in a request to my LGS Lodestone to see if they can finish up on the last 9, but if they can't I will be heading to TCGPlayer.  I am just sick of trying to get all this done.

With the kid coming, I would rather spend my extra time building decks and adding cards with new cards.  I can finally stop worrying about all the old cards I need, and focus on the new stuff.  I also plan to spend the extra cash on sealed product, but yeah just want to call this done.

I do plan on re-counting all the cards in the collection, and grade everything.  With that, I will be re-doing the spreadsheets to account for graded count.  This will allow me to see what cards I can replace due to poor quality.

So Phase 2, this should be my last Unhinged card I need if the CardSphere trades come in.  Let's hope I can call this one done too!

Starter 1999!  I am actually excited to take my time with these.  The hard to find sets are just more exciting to find.

Starter 2000!!!

/sings Poooooooortal!!

Portal Second Age...

Ok, so Phase 2 I am looking at needing 80 cards.  Well really it is 68 because I should be getting the Unhinged cards in the mail soon.  Portal, Portal Second Age, Starter 1999, and Starter 2000.  Once that is done, I will keep going with the sealed product and pick up the ABU cards I need when I can find them.  Pretty exciting though.

Oh yeah!

I am finally done with Aether Revolt.  Had to just go out and buy these commons from the Planeswalker decks.

Was also able to find some Hour of Devastation Planeswalker deck cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Break time

I am going to be taking a break from updating my blog until I start doing more with Magic the Gathering.  I am not going to sell the collect...