Tuesday, September 5, 2017

A Lost Trade

Card Count: 48

So, it is Tuesday so I head on up to the PO Box to check the cards that might have come in over the weekend.  I really have only been expecting a couple CardSphere because one of my Deckbox traders sucks and is not responsive, and the other Deckbox trade had not come in for a while so we kind of gave up on getting them, and he was going to buy the cards I was looking to get.

Well low and behold, the cards showed up!  Now, I know people say you need to wait a good long while from time to time, but the cards were marked shipped on Aug 14th, and on Sept 3rd we had agreed that they would not be coming.  Normally 2 weeks is enough time to get cards, but in this case it looks like we should have gave it one more week.

So yeah, he had already went out and purchased the cards that I was looking for in the trade, but since I got his package today I am going to be getting another set of cards because we thought it was lost to the USPS monster.  I am actually checking to see if he wanted another $11 card instead of me sending back the cards he bought, that way I can get some more cards for trading fodder.  Also I would not be wasting a stamp!

Here we go!

So yeah, this is one of the cards that I really needed, so was one of the two reasons I went through with the trade.

This was another reason I went through with this trade.  This would make #4 in my playset, so I am really happy about that.

Fodder!  So yeah, this is all speculation for future trades.  But why?  Why do you want to pick up Mythic Rares for Fodder.  Rarity and First print.  I like some of these Mythic Rares for those two reasons.  I am not saying that these are going to be $1000 cards, but I do think that they will increase in value based on what I traded for them

This is a nice card I got from a CardSphere trade.  This is the only card that is going against the card count...  I know, I know, but come on we are 48 away!

/sings-high-pitched Unhinged!!!!!  I think I am going to finish my full set sooner than I think.

So yeah, that is what I picked up today.  I keep sending out cards through CardSphere since Deckbox has dried up.  It is not so much that it has dried up, but having to always match cards that I want for cards that are wanted, it is just getting that much harder to find something work.  I think it would be much easier if I was going for a lot of fodder cards, but trying to get cards that I really need is getting harder.  Just because I am able to find a single card along with a lot of fodder for cards that the other person wants.  I do find myself forcing trades on Deckbox just to get those 1 or 2 cards I need, but it is getting more an more harder to get done.

CardSphere it is a lot easier, since I have that balance and all I need to do is wait around for new traders to join and send me cards.  I do feel that at some point CardSphere will completely dry up because there will not be enough cards for people to send to make it worth their while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Break time

I am going to be taking a break from updating my blog until I start doing more with Magic the Gathering.  I am not going to sell the collect...