Friday, August 18, 2017

The suck....

In this edition of the Best Magic the Gathering Collector Blog in the entire World!

Phase 1 has slowed down to a crawl, and I added Phase 2 to see if I could pick up some more action. And there was a small spike up with cards that I was looking for, nothing to crazy, but I feel that I acquired all the cards I was looking for from the traders that are on Deckbox and CardSphere.  Since then, I am pretty sure this slowdown is because of the lack of traders on CardSphere.

Right now the number of Traders on CardSphere is 3185 folks.  That is not a lot.

So with this waiting game, I decided to just throw in the Planeswalker Deck cards I am looking for. What the fuck are those you ask?


These fucking things....

So WotC has come out with some pre-constructed decks that focus on a Planeswalker.  The Planeswalker is a push over of a Planeswalker, but none the less we still have this sacks of shit.  They are meant for beginning players, to have an easy entry point for playing.  The power of these decks are very minimal, by design.  WotC is basically trying to not put a lot of power in these decks, because they are for beginners, and therefore wanted to keep the sharks away from buying them up.

This is where I have issues with this product.  With complete selfishness, I complain about having to acquire the cards printed just for these decks.  Most of the deck is built from expansion set cards, but they also included a Land, Common, Uncommon, Rare, and Mythic Rare in each deck that is only found in the deck.

You might be able to predict why I hate these things, but let's just state it for the record.  These things MSRP around $19.99, and they do come with a couple of booster packs, but mostly contain fodder. The cards that are only found in the decks suck, the expansion cards in the decks suck, and in general having to pick up these cards just suck.

I have come to the internal agreement within myself to just purchase a single deck, keep it sealed, and then just pick up the deck cards in trade or just buy them after rotation.  Of course with that "after rotation" statement I never wait for the actual rotation before I pick them up, but that is my own personal problem, and I am working on it...

So let's see if I can bring this around again to what I was talking about in the beginning of the blog. Phase 1 has been posted, and then I added Phase 2.  There was a lull, so now I have decided to add these Planeswalker Deck cards just to see what I could possibly get off CardSphere.  I was not too disappointed with CardSphere, but one trade did fall through.  Lets see what I picked up.

Here we go!



These are the Mythic Rare cards that came in, and I do have to day that I am the happiest about these. They are the most expensive cards, and are foils, so it is really nice to just pick these up when I can.  I can usually go out and buy the other cards pretty easy, but these Mythics are a little harder to find. There is also one 1 of these in each deck, while the other cards that are only in these decks usually come in more than a single card.




Here are the other cards that I picked up after adding the Planeswalker Deck cards, but still happy to get them!

I also got in some Unhinged cards!  I really do want to finish this set.

And Starter 1999 along with a Portal card.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Break time

I am going to be taking a break from updating my blog until I start doing more with Magic the Gathering.  I am not going to sell the collect...