Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Always use a Toploader!

Card Count: 49

CardSphere and Deckbox coming through!  It does really hurt to get in a bunch of cards and only 1 card goes to the card count....

But on this episode of the greatest Magic the Gathering collecting blog, In The World, we go through why it is always necessary to use a top loader!

This.  This is what I found in my box, and there was a small sense of fear as to what I was going to find when I opened the envelope.  You can see that the envelope is in a Post Office envelope with a huge clear window to show you the package damage.

There was a massive tear on the left of the envelope, and I could see that there was a lot of black plastic warped inside the envelope.  I thought it was a sleeve that just got chewed up, but you will see it is much worse.

After I opened the package, this is what I found after removing the cards.

This was the top loader, and you can see the black plastic that got chewed up.  I was expecting that the cards were totally destroyed, and before I opened the package that is what I relayed to the sender.

To my surprise this is what was in the package!  They are a little bent up at the bottoms, but nothing to complain about for Promo cards.  The perfect sleeve on the Gidion pushed up all the cards and protected them from the roller at the post office.  So really the only thing that happened was the cards got bent a bit.

Always us a top loader!

Here we go!

Here is another promo trade I got in from CardSphere.  Really happy I am filling out all those Promo cards without having to buy them.

 Deckbox trade with my last Starter 1999 basic land I needed.

 This was the only card count addition I needed which brings us down to 49!

These additions were much needed cards toward the Portal playsets.  One to point out is the Devastation.  It was one of the high priced cards I needed and very excited to pick it up.  That finished my playsets!

So that is it, and I am really happy I could add the three cards in that top loader that got eaten up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Break time

I am going to be taking a break from updating my blog until I start doing more with Magic the Gathering.  I am not going to sell the collect...