Sunday, June 18, 2017

Happy Father's Day!!

Alpha Count: 253

So, today is Father's Day, and since I am going to be a new father, we did a little celebration.  My wife took me out to get some Rita's Italian Ice and then we went to go visit my father's grave.  It was pretty cool to go visit the grave since it was the first time I went to go see him since we heard the news.  So not only did I get to go see him, but the baby was with as well!

Why the hell am I blogging about this?  Well...  The Source Comics and Games is close by the cemetery and I normally stop in everytime I am up in that area of town.  This was a pretty special trip in itself.  You can see that I have a new countdown, and this is what I was able to pick up!





That is right!  To my surprise they picked up an old collection and got in some new Alpha cards!  I really did not notice them until I got the green selection, but once I figured it out, I started hitting up everything they had to see what I could grab.  These cards are just Common/Uncommon but still really great to pick up.

Since I don't like to pickup Alpha/Beta online, it was just really awesome that an LGS had these out for sale.  And with this I will be starting to count down the Alpha cards as well.  Just to keep some countdowns happening.  I really like the countdown function of these blogs, as it just brings a type of excitement for me to get to 0.

I also grabbed my third one of these, and only need 1 more for the playset:


While at the Source I also picked up some shipping sleeves, and another deckbox.  I also grabbed a playmat because I don't have enough of them...

The Wif said she was hungry for some deep fried pickles, and there is a place near the house that serves up some good ones, so we stopped of there after the Source, and since it was Father's Day she even let me hit up another LGS near my house.  So we stopped in and low and behold there was another Invocation I needed, so I grabbed that and some good cheap pickups.


This is just another Invocation I was looking for, and it is a pretty good card to grab anyway.


I also grabbed a couple of these because they were only $1.00.  A Mythic for $1, why not!


This is a total Spec, and I think I am going to pick up some more of these.  There was a deck in the Las Vegas GP called Blue Steel.  I think it is a great new deck in the Meta, and really want to pick up more of these cards as I see it becoming more and more popular.  I also think these are just good pickup as well.  They could technically become very valuable just from the ability.  Direct damage for creatures you have that are tapped at the end of your turn.  This has a ton of possibilities.

So yeah, just a quick update, and lots of good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Break time

I am going to be taking a break from updating my blog until I start doing more with Magic the Gathering.  I am not going to sell the collect...