Sunday, June 18, 2017

They just keep coming in...

Card Count: 502

Got a couple more cards in from Cardsphere.  Both I am fairly happy with since they are above the $5.00 price.  From the looks of it I still need 37 cards that are above the $5.00 price.  Right now I am waiting for some cash on $140 worth of cards that I have sent out, and I am waiting to get $156 worth of cards that people are sending to me.

Also, I did get a wonderful trade coming in from Deckbox that is chalk full of 6th, 7th and 8th Edition cards.  Better yet, I am getting a load of Portal, Portal Second Age, Starter 1999, and Starter 2000 as well.  I know I have not started Phase 2 of the collecting, but when I see these types of cards out there, I just have to pick them up especially if I am getting cards for Phase 1.  He also had an Unlimited Dark Ritual and Disenchant, so let's see if they are really Unlimited, or if they are what I think they will be, Revised.

So let's take a look at what I got in today:



Again, both really good pickups.  Just now I was getting a little worried about what cards were coming in and what I still needed.  I did just do a spot check on my Apple Notes to see my lists I am managing so I have everything I am looking for mobile and with me at all times.  For a second, I thought I was still looking for a lot of Common/Uncommons from most of the sets, but as it looks right now I really missing 90% rares, and about 10% Common/Uncommons.  And with that pickup at Lodestone, I am 95% done with my basic lands.

Upcoming sets to get finished:
Future Sight
Ravnica

Very Close to finish:
Saviors of Kamigawa - 3
Lorwyn - 7 (6 Basic Lands)
Eventide - 1
Champions of Kamigawa - 5 (3 Basic Lands)
Betrayers of Kamigawa - 3

A bit to go:
6th Edition: 70
7th Edition: 44
8th Edition: 20
9th Edition: 93
Tenth Edition: 76

Add that all up and I am needing 322 left for the collection.  From what I have posted on my spreadsheet I am showing I need 321, so I am interested where I messed up.  But yeah, as you can see it is mainly Core sets that I need to finish up, but it is nice to see that Tenth Edition is no longer at the top spot.  If you recall, Tenth Edition and COK were the sets I needed the most, but with all the trading, looks like we are getting really close to finishing this!

You will also remember that Core sets are supposed to be the last to finish, just because they are all reprints, so they would be lower in the priority because we already have a large amount of the cards in the collection.

WE ARE GETTING SO CLOSE!!!!

So yeah, after we finish Phase 1, we will be moving to Phase 2.  That phase consists of getting at least 1 card from each of the supplementary sets.  Right now it looks like Portal, Portal Second Age, Starter 1999, Starter 2000, Conspiracy: Take the Crown, and Unhinged.  I think I will also add the playsets of first prints from the Commander sets, which might be a big undertaking just because of all the Mythics, but we will try.  I also need to revisit the first Conspiracy set and gather up those first prints as well.

I still don't know what I think about Portal Three Kingdoms, but we will see.  I think if I can get an Imperial Seal I might try, but I would have to purchase the seal rather than trade for it.

The only thing I am really looking forward to after Phase 1 is complete, is that I can actually just calm down and take it even slower that I have been.  I know it might not seem like I am taking it slow, but considering everything that I need, and what I could just buy, I have been pushing myself to just get the cards through trades rather than just buying the cards outright.  For me, that is pretty slow.

Also, I think I will try and finish up my ABU sets.  Beta and Unlimited are the easy part with Alpha being the most difficult.  I really only need 53 more Unlimited cards, and 27 more Beta cards, but those are actually more fun to drive around and check out all the shops to pick up.  Or to head up to a Grand Prix and get them in person.

It is also a really good time to start picking up my sealed booster boxes for the collection, but since we just picked up that booster box or Urza's Saga, we have until May of 2018 before we get another one, but if we were to drive around and find something at a local store I am pretty sure I would snatch it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Break time

I am going to be taking a break from updating my blog until I start doing more with Magic the Gathering.  I am not going to sell the collect...