Thursday, March 23, 2017

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

Card Count: 1080

The Good

First trade I was really happy to complete.  It was from a guy I traded with before, and he was only looking for a single $2 card to complete his Magic Origins set, and I was more than happy to trade with him.  I let him know that if there was any trade he was trying to get done because he was trying to finish his set or something of that sort, I will do my best to get a trade done.  I love trading with collectors and find them a joy to work with.

So here we go!  What did I get for $2?


This is all stuff that I needed for the collection, but it did not add up to $2 so I added some other cards.


Play set of Piracy Charm from Planar Chaos, and let me tell you that this is a really nice card to pick up!  I can't believe this is a playset for $1!  All in all the trade was under $2, but I was more than happy to help this guy out.

The Bad

Found another jackass that I will never trade with again.  I normally don't shame anyone here, but seriously fucking ass.

Username: IzzetCharm

That is right, never fucking again.  What a fucking asshole.  There is so much about this that makes me to never trade with a new trader, it is insane.  The cards he sent were in crap condition, he did not send all the cards in the trade, and then tried to make it up by sending me a complete crap condition card.

So this is how it went.  I did the first trade with him, he sent first and sent me the wrong Birds of Paradise, but all the other cards were in great condition.  I made him aware of the issue and he tells me it was his mistake and he will send it out right away.  I am happy that he is understanding, but this should have been the first sign of a dickhead and I should have just stopped trading with him after the first one.

In the meantime he starts up another trade, and I was like great.  Good first trade, this should be sweet to find another repeat trader.  We figure out the trade, everything goes well, I confirm my side and hit Accept.  I had already sealed up the first trade so I needed to send the M10 Birds back with this new trade, so I let him know.  And since the first trade was done so well I shipped out the second trade cards toot sweet.

A day goes by and he updates the trade with "Hey man, looks like I don't have a $.50 card and a couple of the cards are not near mint.  How about I send you this awesome card instead?"

Then I reply back, pointing out that I was not complaining or trying to make him upset, and I was trying to explain that since he accepted the trade it is his responsibility to get me the cards in the trade, or the other trader can give him a bad trade score.  I knew he was new to Deckbox, and it is in the rules for him to get me the cards we agreed to.  All the cards he was looking for were in the mailbox, so he was getting what he wanted, and all I wanted were the cards we agreed to.  He could go to his LGS and and pick it up and send it to me, or buy it online and send it to me, but I wanted the cards in the trade because I don't need anything that is not on my wishlist.  I also informed him that LP cards work for me, so I could take them no problem.

Holy fucking shit, this guy....

Chaos ensued, and he literally went complet bat shit on me.  Saying that I was not flexible, and he was a cool guy for offering me something I did not want.  I was wrong because I did not read his profile where it said that some of the cards could be not NM and I should ask him about it.  He was awesome because he pointed it out and did not just send everything without my cards that I wanted, and to make it up he was giving me an awesome card, and that I sucked and I should really just take the cards he was giving me.  Saying that his $4 card was worth way more than the $.50, and he was such a great guy to be doing me a favor and how much I suck because I wanted what we agreed to.

So now I was in defuse the situation mode.  Just trying to calm him down to get the trade completed, since I already sent out all the cards.  My mindset was that the first trade went so well, I don't need to send tracking on such a small trade.  What could go wrong.  How wrong I was, and I was pretty much thinking that this guy freaking out could just say that he never got my cards, and I would end up having to send out the cards he was looking for and the M10 Birds just to get this over with if he wanted to be a real jerk and say he never got the cards.

At first I replied to him saying that he accepted the trade and all I wanted was the cards that we agreed to.  I did not care about the LP and those were fine and I am not sure he is seeing that it was ok if he sent me LP cards, but I really wanted the $.50 if he could get it, but I did not want the $4 because I did not need it.  Then after about 1 minute of thinking about it I did not care about anything with this trade, and I just wanted it over.  I could care less if he sent me nothing, I just wanted this trade to be over.

I went to his profile and edited his "Note" section to remind me to never trade with this guy, ever. Ever...

It is really cool on Deckbox.org you can write yourself these little notes about the traders that only you can see.  It is a great way to keep track of every trader, and Deckbox makes it very easy for you to hover their name to see those notes anywhere on the site when you see their username.

So my next chat reply to him was basically "Hey man, don't worry about it.  Send me what ever you think is fair.  I am good."

Fucking Goat Ass

His reply was something to the fact that I suck, and I am a stickler, and a bunch of stuff in CAPS. Asking me why I am being so unreasonable, more on how cool he was for being so awesome, then asking me what my problem was with the $.50, and bla bla bla...

Of course I at this point I am just staring at my screen, but I reply with "Whoa, it is not a big deal.  I am not sure how you are not understanding what is being said in chat.  Chat is a part of the trade, and I have agreed to your terms.  I did not know what he was still angry with, but we could talk more about it.  I am agreeing to what ever you want to do, it is in the chat, just send the cards."

Finally he calms down and says he will send the cards.  So here let's just look and see what garbage was sent to me, shall we.


So here is the Birds of Paradise that was the correction to the M10 one he sent by mistake.


Here are the cards that were in the second trade minus the 8th Edition Collective Unconscious that he did not have.  The Forbidden Orchards were LP, but one of the Reciprocates was definitely not LP and more Played.  Let's take a look.


There was major wear on the right side, and a lot of wear all around.

But let's wait, he did send me a pretty cool $4 to make up for the LP conditions that I was ok with, and the missing card.  Score!!!


Joiner Adept from Fifth Dawn...  As you can see the complete wear on the card.  I could not get $.25 for this card anywhere.  This is how he felt about the trade, and how bad he felt about making the mistake he did.  I am sorry but if you make a mistake, make the other trader feel like it is their fault and how cool you are because you are so cool, and then continue to justify the mistake with a punch to the nuts?  Yeah never trading with IzzetCharm again.

The Ugly

Oh yeah:


At least it was real...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Break time

I am going to be taking a break from updating my blog until I start doing more with Magic the Gathering.  I am not going to sell the collect...