Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Fate Unraveler

So, I am going through the collection and sifting through the rares, and I come across a Born of the Gods rare named Fate Unraveler.  I am like, oh wow for 3 and a B I get a 3/4 Enchantment Hag that would do damage to my opponent every time they draw a card.

I am wondering to myself, this has to be a $2-$3 rare so I look it up.  Low and behold, the card on TCGPlayer is set to a whopping $.15...

Seriously?  $.15!

You make them draw and that gives them damage.  You make them draw and they take damage.  Every turn they have to draw, and then they would take damage.  If they had a Tier 1 deck, they are most likely drawing a lot of cards, and therefore taking a lot of damage.

One things I have learned about this game, there are certain aspects of this game that people try and take advantage of, and there are things people build aspects of decks built around those advantages. You will see things in specific cards that just breathe possibilities, and I believe this is one of those cards.  Just like the Surgical Extraction I speculated on a while ago, I just see all sorts of value in this card.

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=378440


So no matter what, your opponent is always going to need to draw cards.  Higher powered decks will always draw more because of card advantage.  Your deck will never want to allow your opponent to draw more cards.  So in reality what I see in this card is a whole new deck that goes against what normal decks would do, and it would go against what high powered decks want to do.

So what do you think I did?


Yup...  But hey, it was only 60 and a playset of foils.  And hey, they were only around $.15 each.  And hey, I was able to pick them up using store credit.  So what you see here is the first shipment that are coming in, and I just wanted to share a small bit of why I think the card is worth it.


Here is the second shipment.


And the third.


FOILS...  I hate foils, but if I am going to Spec, I might as well Spec right.

If the card goes up to $1, then I will have made out, but considering what could be designed at some point I think this card has a lot of runway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Break time

I am going to be taking a break from updating my blog until I start doing more with Magic the Gathering.  I am not going to sell the collect...