Tuesday, October 30, 2018

So close!

Sealed Booster Box Count: 14
Total Card Count: 271

That is right, I need 14 more sealed Booster boxes.

6th Edition
7th Edition
8th Edition

Homelands
Urza's Legacy
Urza's Destiny
Mercadian Masques
Nemesis
Prophcy
Planeshift
Fifth Dawn
Saviors of Kamigawa

Portal
Unhinged

I still am looking to maybe get a Starter 1999 Booster box, but I really do not think I will ever find one at a price that I could afford.  I do have a bucket list of boxes, but I am more than likely never going to be able to buy them.

The Dark - $4,000
Legends - $25,000
Antiquities - $50,000
Arabian Nights - $100,000
Portal Three Kingdoms - $25,000

I could maybe at some point get The Dark sealed booster box, but I am not betting on it.  The only thing I have going for me is that I have a sealed booster box of Revised and Alliances, and I could think about hopefully trading into some of the boxes I am looking for.

But the main reason for this entry to the Collection blog is updating what boxes I did get.


This was a delightful pickup closing out the Time Spiral block.  The trade came in from a single trader that was pretty keen on clearing out my balance with some sealed product.  I got this box along with a couple other boxes.


Then I also got this box.  Now I only need that Saviors box to close out the block.  And yes, it is just crazy to think that I am putting these booster boxes into the collection.


Finally, this little beauty.  I know it is only a Tenth Edition booster box, but those core sets are not easy to get.  I just think people considered them throw away sets, so there is just not a lot out there for sealed product.  Strange thing about this box, the shrink wrap had the WoTC symbol covering up the set name.  In most all my other sealed boxes, those WoTC symbols do not cover up the set name.  I should say that I do have a Core 2019 booster box where the WoTC symbols are on the set name.

With all this going on, I was thinking about doing a blog series about what I have seen with all my sealed product.  Looks like there is not a lot out there, and it would be a good reference for other traders.


Now for some more fun.  My second box of Guilds of Ravnica Mythic Edition came in from eBay.  Of course I am keeping this one sealed too, but I was going to open one of them.  Lucky Hasbro sent me another one that I could open.


Sleeved and laid out, here they are.  The only reason I wanted the stupid booster box.  I actually did not even open the extra 16 packs that came with the booster box, and just opened up the Mythic Edition packs for these Masterpiece cards.

As of right now, the prices keep going down and I think in the end it might be cheaper to just buy the singles instead of the booster box to open.  But with any new release of product, it is always smart to at least splurge on the first product, and wait a bit on the second release.



Also, a nice trade came in from Australia!  These stupid fucking Planeswalker deck cards...

So yeah, big things finally happening from the trade of some of my power, and I am getting even closer to the dream of all my sealed product!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Break time

I am going to be taking a break from updating my blog until I start doing more with Magic the Gathering.  I am not going to sell the collect...