Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Oops I did it again...

I don't like Brittney Spears that much, but I am a child of the 90's so that is the title for ya...


I know!  I was not supposed to buy Guilds of Ravnica singles until rotation!


Just buy sealed boxes or cards that have rotated out and wait the two years for rotation to finish up sets!


Well go fuck youself!  I did it, and I am not ashamed at all!  Ok, a little bit, but they were really good deals.

So I had a day off, and I was heading up to Best Buy to pick up a new Apple watch so I decided to stop in at the LGS near the house, and low and behold they had some GRN singles setup with some really not up to date pricing.  Because earlier that morning I was doing what I do while pooping, and I was on MTGStocks.com noticing that some of the GRN cards were spiking, Experimental Frenzy was one of them. 

"Well, well, well.  Looks like someone found a Red Deck Wins in Standard."

The LGS had set the prices to pre-release pricing, and had not updated them since that morning!  Score one to the informed!  Well actually score three!  The price they had set on these Frenzy's was at $2 each while the spike showed them to go up to $6, so I picked them up and now I am waiting to see what may come out of the first Pro Tour with the new Standard. 

I am hoping there is some deck that everyone wants to play and I can trade them in on CS for a nice little profit.  But longer term, I can see that it might be a Modern card that people will build around, and if that is the case I might be in for a larger win fall.  You could see a RW Miracles deck in the making in Modern.

So yeah, I did it.  I bought some Standard cards when I said I would not.  I did it!  I am guilty, but really that is the goal of the new budget and spending.  Being able to pick up these buys in the LGS when I see them.  It will help out the LGS in sales, and help me in being able to profit off of their lack of diligence.  Ok it helps me out more, but early bird and all, so I do not feel bad.

I might also send up another blog soon about how I am lowering my per-order limits again.  I am just really tired of all the bulk, so I am going to buy sealed product but I am going to be opening less of it and plan on picking up cards at the LGS more and more.  I am even going to be putting more money into CS to see what I can pick up on that site.

Really, it comes down to the price of playsets vs the price or cracking packs.  I do no help to the LGS in buying sealed product from them on Pre-order when I can really hit their profit lines with just picking up singles.  That way most of my money goes to the LGS instead or WoTC.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Break time

I am going to be taking a break from updating my blog until I start doing more with Magic the Gathering.  I am not going to sell the collect...