Tuesday, October 23, 2018

It is Sexy Time again!


Yeah!  So back around 2012 I was in possession of a sealed booster box of Future Sight.  I gained possession of said box in North Dakota in a big trade with a LGS up there, and I am pretty sure I was trading Power 9 cards in return for a ton of sealed boxes.  This was also around the time I was getting back into the game and wanted to get playsets of all the cards again.

If you can guess what this guy did, I opened all those sealed boxes to get cards for the collection.  That is right, I traded a ton of older power and reserved list cards for sealed booster boxes.  And if I would have kept those boxes sealed, I could maybe rationalize the trade now, but no.  I went ahead and opened all those sealed booster boxes for commons and uncommons.  Oh yeah, dumb ass.  I do have to say that I did get 1 Tarmogoyf.  One...

I do have to add that I was not planning on getting any sealed product into the collection at that time, and I was just looking for playsets of singles, but hind sight I would not have opened up any of those boxes.  I still think I would have traded for them since that was all extra Reserved List cards, but yeah opening them was a huge mistake.

So yeah!  I was able to get this sealed beauty back into the collection.  I picked it up on eBay, and was using some of my newly added funds from the trades on CardSphere.  Now I just need to figure out a way to trade my Revised Booster box away for a Urza's Legacy, Urza's Destiny, and The Dark booster boxes.  I really don't know how I am going to get those sealed booster boxes, but I do hope owning a Revised booster box will help.


This is the first of three Mythic Edition boxes I am going to be getting in.  I was one of the many unsuccessful customers of the Hasbro online store on the release day, so I ended up going to eBay for my two boxes.  Yes, I am paying the inflated price around $550 per.  It is not a good buy, but the prices are not going to go down.

At first I just bought 1 for the collection that I am going to keep sealed, and I was going to just pick up the singles in the after market.  After a week or so, I saw that it was going to cost me more to pick up the singles then just picking up another box and opening it, so I went to eBay and picked up my second box.

Then about a week ago I got a lovely little e-mail from Hasbro saying they suck and I can pick up 1 box at MSRP if I wanted.  I then told them, "Yes.  Yes I would take them up on their offer."  And that is how I am ending up with 2 sealed boxes in the collection.

I will get pics of those when they came in, but wanted to share this one out of pure joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Break time

I am going to be taking a break from updating my blog until I start doing more with Magic the Gathering.  I am not going to sell the collect...