Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Let's Get Core 2019

Total Current Needs: 279
Core 2019 Needs: 10

It is going toward the end of the year, and it is just before the next Pro Tour cycle, so I figured I would start putting my needs for finishing up the Core 2019 cards.  Part of just not wanting to see the cards I need, and part of just having a decent balance to start pick up cards.

So I uploaded on CardSphere all my needs from the Core 2019 set, and I got a pretty decent response.  Most of the cards I needed were from the fucking 5 planeswalker decks and those damn beginning player weekend decks.  All cards that I just don't need.  I know, I was thinking about just skipping the Planeswalker Decks only cards since there was 5 of those decks, but since I have CardSphere it is just too easy to get the cards.

So I threw up all the cards I need, and this is the response I got!


Starting it off, a trader thankfully sent me these.  Take notice of the Llanowar Elves.  These things shot up to around $18 each on the release of the new set.  Someone on TCGPlayer decided to raise their price to some ungodly target, for some stupid reason.  I was able to snag these around $0.80, a little more than they are worth, but hey why not.


Yes I still need Uncommons from the set itself.


Here are some of those Planeswalker Deck cards.


Yup more stuff.






And even more cards!


These are some cards I need for the set, and I actually got some Mythics.  I am pointing this out because most of the Mythics I have on my Want list are set at some crazy low prices.  What I am trying to do is set the price at which I want to pick up these cards at during rotation.  Right now they are only around 15% of current Standard prices, but I am looking forward to the Rotation pricing.  It is an experiment and hope I do not need to check too much later next year, but lets see how this goes.


And this one is just great timing.  Those Banefires popped right after I posted this, and I got them for a great deal.  There is some deck going around and a ton of people tried to pick up these along with the Phoenix from GRN.  Let's wait to see how that turns out, but the older printings popped higher than the M19 ones.  Just wanted to point out that this was pure luck on my side, there is no skill in picking these up at this time.  FYI - I picked them up for around $2.00 each while they spiked above $4.00.

So really this pickup was to finish out some Core 2019 set needs along with testing out my Wants with after rotation pricing.  Since I am starting to not have a lot of Wants, I am starting to see what I can do to get the chaff for prices I will be willing to pay at anytime, and keeping the long tern pricing in mind as well.

I know there are some CardSphere people that just hate the low bids for cards, and I was one of those traders, but now I kind of know what they might be trying to do.

Oh yeah, and if you are shipping cards out, fucking use top loaders...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Break time

I am going to be taking a break from updating my blog until I start doing more with Magic the Gathering.  I am not going to sell the collect...