Friday, October 12, 2018

The Loathe

Total Cards Needed: 304

I have started to put up my Standard needs up on CardSphere to see what I can get from the site.  So far I just uploaded my Hour of Devastation and Core 2019 needs.  Hour has rotated out, and I only needed one card from that set, so I figured I would give that card a shot.  If I do not get the card I will then head up to the LGS to pick it up.

The Core 2019 does not rotate for a bit, but I thought I would give that one a shot because they released 5 Planeswalker decks instead of 2, so there is a literal ass ton of Planeswalker Deck only cards that I need to get.  I was only going to post those Planeswalker Deck cards, but figured I would go full on with that set mainly because I do not think it was opened a lot, and there seems to be a lot of extra cards just sitting out there.


I got these in from a trader, and he decided to send me the cards without top loaders.  Don't do that...  The cards came in fine, and there was no damage to the cards, but if you do not have the ability to trade correctly then you should keep it to your in-person trades.  It is just common courtesy.

Now, I know these are just cards that fill out my set, and are not really playable, but still.

There was an incident on CardSphere and I find it annoying.  I committed to send on Oct 9th, but then saw a mistake for sending so I pulled the cards I did not want to send back on Oct 11th.  It was my mistake and I should not have said I was going to send them.  He then writes to me and says something to the effect that I need to send what I had ASAP.  That really pissed me off.  What else am I going to do?  Just hold cards so that I would not send the cards?  Captain Obvious was just upset that I cancelled a couple cards and wanted to say something.

Those types of comments make me upset, and I hate getting upset when I am trading so I cancelled the whole trade and blocked him.  I also let him know that he was being pushy and that is why I cancelled the trade with a block.

That seemed to piss him off because this is what he wrote back:

"You must ship Items within 3 business days following the moment you initiated a Trade. Failure to do so may result in disputed Trades.- Your obligations as a sender. I understand after reading your personal overview that you only process on weekends, I am not compelled to read the background of every person that "commits". We have quite a number of people committing everyday. I take note once someone goes three days without shipping and that's why you were contacted. You refer to it as pushy, I consider it a failure to follow the terms and conditions set up by Cardsphere. I thank you for blocking me as it will save me valuable time, dealing with someone who fails to abide by the terms and conditions. Have a happy day [Trader]."

This in it's self is just weird to say to me since I still had a full day to get his cards out, and him pointing out the fact did not really prove anything.  CardSphere also sends a notification to the sender that they are past the 3 day period so that they know they are beyond allotted time to send.  So for him to spend the time to write all this out is just funny.

This is also why I just block people that make me upset when trading.  There is no talking to them, or trying to work something out, they just want to go off and ruin the trading experience because they are upset all the time.  It is just card board, and we are all trying to enjoy our hobby.  All you really have to do is have a good time, and treat people nicely.  That is it, and people like this will only bring you down.

My response: "I think you just proved my point. Good luck on the site."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Break time

I am going to be taking a break from updating my blog until I start doing more with Magic the Gathering.  I am not going to sell the collect...