Saturday, December 9, 2017

Holiday slowdown

So we just had Explorers of Ixalan come out with From the Vault, and this weekend was the Unstable release.  I was able to pick up a couple of sealed boxes of Unstable from the LGS Lodestone here in Minneapolis, but I am optioning to not open them. 

I was also able to pre-order 4 boxes from ABU Games, and 1 case from Alpha Investments but I plan on holding onto a large percentage of that for the long haul.  I am thinking I will open as much as I can to get close to a full set, but I am really after the lands and tokens.  Considering on opening weekend I can get a full set for around $106, it is somewhat stupid to try and open more than I need for the set.  I do hope I can get a foil land, that is some pretty good trading fodder.

The trading has been going on, and I have ended up sending out over $500 worth of cards within the last 2 weeks.  Better yet I am getting in over $250 cards with 10 of those being Unlimited cards.  With more and more people joining CardSphere, it really looks like sending out as much as I can to build up that balance is going to payoff.

Deckbox on the other hand is pretty slow.  I do get offers from time to time, but the amount of ABU cards on Deckbox is slim pickings, and when you consider trying to find someone that needs something that I have it becomes much worse.  That is one good thing about CardSphere, I can just send and send and hope for cards to come in.  There is no real barter, and at this point in the game it is pretty sexy to just send cards out and have cards on my Wants.

It is a non-stop thought in my head to just call it quits and not getting any of the new cards, and every day I get closer and closer to that decision.  I guess I am just hoping that WotC pulls their heads out of their ass and stop releasing so many products.

I have started to build up my collection of decks since I am done with my verification of the collection.  Now I can build up all those Dual Decks for some quick easy playing.  I do plan to keep 2 decks of each variety as well, that way I can head out to play when ever I need to.  I hope to some day build some decks of my own design, but I am a bit away from those days.

So yeah, hope I can put an update later this week with Unstable and maybe some incoming trades!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Break time

I am going to be taking a break from updating my blog until I start doing more with Magic the Gathering.  I am not going to sell the collect...