Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Pre-Xmas Incoming CardSphere!

Today on the Greatest Magic the Gathering Blog in the world!

So going to check the PO Box in the week before Christmas is a fucking nightmare, and the only reason I went before the post office closed was to send out some outgoing Deckbox trades, but yeah....  I have no idea why I always forget this time of year, and how much of a pain in the ass it is, but I always do and then complain about it.  Maybe I should just stop complaining and do these as a PSA for anyone who reads them.

Here we go!

Just getting this one out of the way.  So I had a Deckbox trade, and it had been +2 weeks, and nothing had come in.  He agreed to give it another week, and if nothing came in I could resend everything.  With that, I would need 3 Iconic Masters Bloodghasts again to send to him, and this is what I got in from CardSphere because I was expecting that he would not get the package and it was lost to the USPS gods.

Great thing here, I can get pretty much any card I need for a specific price on CardSphere.  Within an hour or so of my posting the new "Wants" I had three new packages being sent to me.  I really am enjoying the ability to lower what I would pay for the cards I "Want" and people being able to accept my offer or not.  It creates a lot of flexibility with getting your cards.  It is just better than going to TCGPlayer and looking at prices there for the seller to send you, and there have been plenty of times where I got cards that were in worse conditions than what was posted.

Shitty thing, was telling myself to check the PO Box before I post any new "Wants" just in case there was a shipping issue on my end and the package was "returned to sender".  Low and behold, after work and posting the new "Wants" on CardSphere I went to check the PO Box, and there it was.  I found out, if you use an extra thick top loader, USPS expects an additional $0.21 because it was not machinable through their sorting systems.  This was the first time this has happened to me, and I am just blaming trying to ship during the holiday season as the culprit.

All in all, CardSphere if Great, and shipping during the holiday season sucks!

This trade was actually supposed to be 3 cards, but the sender forgot one.  Also the Everythingamajig was the wrong one, but he did not know there were multiple versions of this card.  To make things even worse, I got the Grusilda on another box opening, but never got to removing some cards from my "Wants" so this trade was just horrible.

So this one, again I got the Phoebe in that box opening, but I did need that Ineffable Blessing.  I am really on the fence with these different versions of the same card within a set.  I did not like it in Alliances, and I don't like it here.  I am not complaining too much just cause I am only looking for a single set, but if they start to do this with more of the Standard sets, I will be put out.

All of these are cards for multiple versions of the same card.  Yup, I hate this idea.

Should I tell you that I already got this in a box opening and it was sent before I opened the box?  Yeah...  I need to not add anything to my "Wants" if I plan to open more boxes.  Just wish ABU Games would send my pre-order faster, or I just become more patient.

Stupid...

So yeah, got in some much needed Unstable cards for my set, and looks like 12 cards away from that set.

I do have a pretty heafty balance on my CardSphere account, I think if I hit $2000 I will just cash out $1000 for some sealed product purchases.  I really do like CardSphere!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Break time

I am going to be taking a break from updating my blog until I start doing more with Magic the Gathering.  I am not going to sell the collect...