Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Duel Decks

So it was announced that coming in April the final Duel Deck will be released. 

This is a sad as well as happy moment for me.  I never really liked the Duel Decks because I never wanted to open them to use.  I think of these decks as a supplementary product not worth opening.  They don't contain any new cards, and are full of reprints.  In my eyes, there is no reason to open these decks at all.

Without wanting to open the product, I have never been able to play them.  There is also no way I am going to trade for the cards from the sets to build the decks, but since they are all reprints I decided to put all my cards to use!

Elves vs Goblins!

That is right bitches!  I am just going to make every single Duel Deck and keep them in deckboxes to play with people that want to learn.  I also do this with Pauper decks, just because I think it is easier to teach new players with those less complicated decks.  Also, it is just a great thing to keep together to play at any time you need to.

Jace vs Chandra!

I think this is going to be the most expensive deck to keep together, but hey I can just pick up the other deck building cards if I ever need them.  With being done with the collection, it is nice just to trade for more of the wanted cards for decks I am building if I need more than 4 of a specific card that was not reprinted.

Divine vs Demon

So this could be another expensive deck to keep around, but it really would be interesting to play Demon vs Elves or something like that.

These are the only first 3 Duel Decks I have put together, and I need to get the other ones, but it is a good start.  Hopefully by the end of my week off of work, I can knock out the rest of these decks.

One thing I was thinking of doing, getting specific deckboxes for each deck, along with the specific sleeves they made for them.  I think that would be a good twist on it, but I never liked the feel of those sleeves.  To, slimy.

As for the Challenger decks...  I might pick up 1 of each, but I am not excited for those either.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Break time

I am going to be taking a break from updating my blog until I start doing more with Magic the Gathering.  I am not going to sell the collect...