Friday, February 17, 2017

Thursday Pickups!

Not that Thursday Pickups is a normal thing, but it is what happened this week.


Headed up to my LGS and picked up these online purchases.  My LGS only does instore pickup, which I don't mind too much because I can see what else I can buy.  And with these Inventions I am trying to just pick them up in trades or buying them locally, so from time to time I will check their site and see if they have them.

My LGS (Mead Hall Games) has a rewards program where you get a $5 code for every $100 you spend there.  The only issue I have is that you can only use 2 codes per purchase.  So since I buy a lot there, I get a lot of codes, but I can't use them all at once.  The store has been good with splitting up my buys into multiple purchases, but I would think it would be a lot easier to use if they could just add them all to a single purchase.  I still keep a running tab of all the codes I have, and it just gets longer and longer, but I hope someday to be all caught up with my codes.

I can see why they might do this, so that people won't just get things for free and they have to buy more to get more, but it is annoying when I plop down $1000 for a pre-order, use 2 codes, and then get another 10 codes for what I bought.  It is doing what it is supposed to do, and it gets me to buy more, but it is annoying to have a rewards program that kind of works.

I am much more a fan of the 10% Discount Card from the Source.  You might pay them for the card, but the ROI on that card is crazy for someone who buys a lot.  Granted their prices are higher than other LGS, but it still works out in the long run.


Picked up these as well for $25 each, and was able to use a single $5 discount code, so really it was more like $23.75 each.  I know that I could just save up some cash and pick up a booster box for less, but yeah I just like buying stuff at my LGS and supporting them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Break time

I am going to be taking a break from updating my blog until I start doing more with Magic the Gathering.  I am not going to sell the collect...