Sunday, February 19, 2017

Playing with Family

So there was some family on my wife's side that came close to town, so we headed over to my sister-in-laws house to meet up with them, and I have a nephew that enjoys the nerdy side of life.  I started to teach him how to play Magic about 2 years ago, and we normally play when there is a family get together.  Last time I got him some cards was about 2 years ago, so I took it upon myself to pick up some of the newer cards to add to his collection.

Just picked him up a spattering of packs, Aether Revolt Pre-Release pack, and an Aether Volt Bundle.

I think I got more joy out of him opening the packs than anything.

Unfortunately he did not think he was going to see me on his trip up so he did not pick up his cards, but luckily the cards that I got him was enough for him to build a deck.  We spent a good hour or so putting decks together and got a single match in.  I went 2-1 but that game he won wasn't even close. He destroyed me.  I was impressed.

Considering we spent most of the time building decks, it was good to get a 3 game match in.

Of course when I was at the LGS I saw they had a Torrential Gearhulk, so of course I needed to pick it up.  I am still thinking that this card will have Snapcaster value moving forward.


That Defense Grid came from a trade we did after we played our matches.  I gave him an Eternal Masters Wasteland and a smattering of foils and rares for it.

I find it strange on how much good stuff he pulls.  I think the first bunch of cards, he pulled a foil Polluted Delta, and this bunch of cards he got this Masterpiece, but he also pulled his own Torrential Gearhulk.

Hopefully sometime he will make it up to the house and we can do some more trading so I can get him some more good cards older cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Break time

I am going to be taking a break from updating my blog until I start doing more with Magic the Gathering.  I am not going to sell the collect...