Friday, February 10, 2017

Trade me!

Collection Count: 1566

I got two trades in, but only got -2 on the count.  Both of these trades were fairly new traders, so I did not get much to choose from to go to the collection, but again I try and get those trades pushed through because they are new and I want them to trade for.  And, they really did not want much that are highly needed cards I have.

So the first trade was like so:


Picked up the City of Brass from 8th Edition which was my 4th one I needed, so that was nice to get. Love finishing up the playsets from the Edition I need.  In all honesty, it is an OCD thing, where I find comfort with removing a line from what I keep track in my Notes application.  One more line gone is just better than getting a single card removed.

I did pick up some Mythic cards, and the Narsets were just for fun.  The Dig is of course a speculation, but all in all I liked this trade.  If Frontier pops, then I might be in a better situation for the outcome of this trade.  I did trade away a Company and a fetchland but most of the cards this trader wanted were Standard cards.  I did trade away a miscut Birds of Paradise from Conspiracy: Take the Crown which was nice.  I did not think anyone would want those.

Next Trade!


I needed this one for the collection, and it also removed a line from Notes, so that was cool.



And these were the fodder.  As you have read, I am all about getting Magic Origins cards for speculation, but I did grab a playset of Dictate of Kruphix.  Just looked like an interesting card for the future.  And yet again, picked up another Dig.

This trade was interesting.  With new traders, they are a bit more high touch then seasoned traders. There is an issue with USPS and tracking on my end.  The tracking sometimes does not show up as updated until it hits the other end's post office, and there is a lot of worry that goes on because they think I did not send anything.  I can understand the freak out just cause I did a little freak out myself when it started happening.

Also, I really wanted to get this trade done because this person wanted a ton of stuff for his CUBE, and it was a lot of common cards.  So picking up this fodder was great because I am trading a lot of my bulk for fodder, and the trade up was great.  It was a lot of speculation cards, but considering what I was trading away, the up-trade was well worth it.  I think it ended up being $2 in his favor because of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Break time

I am going to be taking a break from updating my blog until I start doing more with Magic the Gathering.  I am not going to sell the collect...