Monday, February 12, 2018

Timetwister!



Ok, so this is going to be an outgoing send blog, and I normally don't do this, but I thought this was a special one.  If you are an avid reader of the blog, you know that through Deckbox I sent out an Unlimited Ancestral Recall a while back for an ass ton of cards I needed for the collection.  It was about double the value of the Ancestral Recall, so I felt good in doing so.

This time around there was this nice fella on CardSphere that was offering a large sum for an Unlimited Timetwister.  I am going to be keeping the names out of this, just because I don't want to share something that they might now want anyone to know.

Why am I sending a Timetwister through CardSphere and not keeping it for myself? 
Why am I not just Buy Listing it to an online LGS? 
Or better yet, why am I not trying to sell it to someone on eBay?

- Why CardSphere?
So, I could be noble and say "CardSphere Community" and be able to grow that community, and that would not be 100% true.  There is some greed involved.  As we know, I am shooting for complete sets for ABU, and this is an extra Unlimited Timetwister I have in my possession.  I am also trying to get a playset of Unlimited Dual lands.  All that takes cash, and since the way CardSphere works relies on myself having a budget large enough to be able to accept those types of cards, I need to build up that balance.

So really, this is a win for me as much as building the community.  I have decided to post all my extra power 9 cards in the hopes to fill out my sets, because in the end all I really want to do is get my collection to the point I am looking for.  And the less I need so spend my budgeted spend on that, the better.  If I can maximize the current cards I have, for the cards I am looking for, then the collection wins.

- Why would I not just "Buy List" the card?
So I could just Buy List the card and get a pretty penny, and then use that cash to buy the cards I am looking for.  So that is me selling my cards around 80% of the value and then paying 100% of the value from somewhere online.  This is would also mean that I am selling directly to a store, and I just don't like doing that at all.

I would much rather get the cards that I have directly to the players that are looking for them.  I don't know why, but it just feels better to get the cards to people looking for them rather than selling it to a store that is only looking to make money off of them.  There have been times that I would trade cards directly to a LGS, but that was because the owner wanted those cards and was willing to trade me directly with product they had to get my cards.  It was not a player to store trade, but a player to player trade where one of the players actually owned a store.

- Why not just eBay it?
The cost of selling the card, and I don't trust eBay for shit, and pretty much why I will not bother.  I have been known to buy things off eBay, but it is usually sealed product.  For the most part I just shop on eBay, and then go directly to the seller's website if they have one, and buy it directly.  eBay is great and all, I just don't choose to partake in that marketplace.

I also hear horror stories about fraud on that site, so I would rather just avoid it all together.

****

So yeah, let's see how this goes, and see what I can get through CardSphere.  Of course if I do not get in the cards I need I will need to resort to buying them on the market or at GP's, but the good thing with CardSphere I can just cash out my balance to pick up those cards.  I am just hoping to be able to get the cards through the site and avoid that 10% fee in cashing out my money.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Break time

I am going to be taking a break from updating my blog until I start doing more with Magic the Gathering.  I am not going to sell the collect...