Friday, May 16, 2014

25,576 to go

So I thought I would document my travels into trying to complete my collection.  Currently I am at needing 25,576 more magic cards.

Why 25,576?

I am trying to get a playset of all the Core and Expansion sets.  With the exception of Alpha, Beta, Unlimited, Arabian Nights, Legends, and Antiquities; where I am just trying to get 1 of each because I am not a millionaire and I still need to save for my retirement...  :-)  Also, I am not going to start on Starter and Portal Third Age because again I am not loaded, and the only reason I have Portal, Portal Second Age, and Unglued is because those were released when I was playing back then.

Now if you have been following my poor attempts at writing blogs on how I have my collection setup, then you know of my spreadsheets, and how I have everything laid out.  You also know where my LGS are, and some of the things I have purchased.  So now I am just trying to add more of a reason to write, because writing this blog without a purpose is getting dry to me, and I need something to flavor it up.

So here we are 25,576 left.  From deckbox.org I have some more cards coming in.  I found this wonderful couple in East Grand Forks, MN that was willing to trade me bulk rares for sealed product, so I am trying to get some of my loose packs (Not in a sealed booster box) for those rares.  I figure it is a good trade off, where they can get rid of rares they don't need or use, and I can get rid of packs that I dread opening because I dont want to sort them...

I am hoping to get 500+ cards this weekend from trades that I have done this week.  I also received my first purchase from deckbox.org which finished my Fallen Empires and Revised plays sets, so that was pretty exciting.  I also got 2 more cards closer to my Legends set, but the Cleanse was a bit beat up more that I would like, so I will most likely try and trade for a better one later after I complete phase 1.

Phase 1, yeah I should go into the phases that I am trying to complete, so...

Phase 1: Get Playsets for all the Core and Expansion sets
Phase 2: Get all the Duel Decks/From the Vaults/Beginner sets
Phase 3: Trade the not NM/M cards for NM/M cards
Phase 4: 1 Sealed Booster Box of every Core and Expansion set

Of course that will change, and I already got all the FTV sets and I am only missing 1 Duel Deck, but you get my drift.

Oh and I forgot, I think I am only going to get 1 of the reprint sets IE Modern Masters.  I only say 1 because if I am going to try and get the play sets of the originals then there is no need to get a play set of the re-releases.

I am still on the fence with Conspiracy, but I have my pre-order in and I am waiting to see what that is all about.

Commander and Planechase I already have a full set of those as well, with Commander 2013 being the only set that I kept another full set unopened.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Break time

I am going to be taking a break from updating my blog until I start doing more with Magic the Gathering.  I am not going to sell the collect...