Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Spreadsheet Update - Verification

3. Verification of cards in inventory vs cards in my trade inventory



So I hit an issue with having cards in my collection and then cards in my trading fodder, but my collection was not to the playset count of 4.  This feature enhancement is to validate that the collection count in Column G, if set lower than 4, Column O is empty.  Column O is the sum of Column S and T, which represent cards that are extra in the collection and cards that are in my trading book.

If the collection column has a value of less than 4 and there are no extra cards in the trading fodder it should result in "Good".  But if there is a value in the collection that is less than 4 and there is cards in the trading fodder, then the output would be set to "Fix".  But on the same hand if the collection column is set to 4 and there are cards in the trading fodder column it will also be set to "Good" because the playset would have been filled.

Column G: Has a value
- This is the total number of cards that are left in my collection.  The goal is to have a playset of 4 cards.

Column O: =S2+T2
- This column is used to add the amount of cards in the extra cards, and the amount of cards in the tradebook.

Column S: Has a value
- This column is used to keep track of the extra cards in my collection.

Column T: Has a value
- This column is used to keep track of the number of cards in my tradebook.

Column U: =IF(AND(G2<4,O2>0),"Fix","Good")
- This column is used to verify that Column G is less than 4 and Column O is greater than zero, and if that is true then Column U would be set to "Fix". If those values are not set than Column U is set to "Good".

From the example, you can see that there is a single instance of "Fix" where the collection total is set to 3 and the trading fodder is set to 2.  This means that there are cards in my trading fodder while my collection is still not set to 4.  Once I move a card from my trading fodder to my collection then it will be set to Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Break time

I am going to be taking a break from updating my blog until I start doing more with Magic the Gathering.  I am not going to sell the collect...