Tuesday, December 18, 2018

GFY - It's Tues and I am on PTO

Cards Needed: 305

Ok, so the wife and kiddo are on a little vacation with one of her sisters and I am all alone at home.  I have cleaned the entire house, put up Christmas lights like the wife asked, and completely cleaned out the fridge so it looks like a brand new one.  This calls for some celebration time for the daddy.

I had been sick for the last week, and today was the first real time I could get out of the house without pooping my pants.  What better time to head up to the LGS and see what they brought in from the UMA release!  Lodestone here I come!


I am not going to say I was disappointed, but a slightly sad.  I really thought they were keeping the Box Toppers behind the counter to wait out the surge in prices, but alas these were the only two they brought into the store.  Sounds like they did not even crack any boxes.  Oh well, I snagged these up and called it good.  At least this way I will be buying them slower.  I am pretty sure they will be telling their buyer that I am looking for them, and they will start picking up more of them since they know they will have a buyer.

You can see I also picked up some Battlebonds duals, but that is because I am going for three playsets for my decks, and I only need those and the Sea of Clouds.  I am still on the fence with those Box Toppers, and I really do want to try and get them all from my LGS's rather than buying them online.  We will see how it goes.

Then I decided to stop by the LGS closer to my house, Grey Duck Games, and see what they cracked.  I was sure they cracked some boxes and had some Box Toppers sitting up there.  This store does like to open sealed product for their customers, and I knew they could not pass up the UMA release.  I also know that those cards would just sit there since their clients are more in the High School age range, and do not have the disposable income to spend on these types of expensive cards.  Also, there is no way a parent is going to spend that type of cash on card board, so I just knew there were going to be some up there for me.  I was not disappointed.


No real heavy hitter, but that Temporal Manipulation was a good snag at $60.  I was also able to pick up some UMA cards I needed for my set, and that Goyf was a nice pickup.  I think that will be only going up in price.

All in all it was a good pick up day.  I am pretty sure I can wait until April to snag any more of those Box Toppers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Break time

I am going to be taking a break from updating my blog until I start doing more with Magic the Gathering.  I am not going to sell the collect...