Thursday, April 6, 2017

New Kid, New role at work, no time for MTG

Card Count: 1069

In previous post I mentioned that I had a new child on the way, but to add on to the complexities of my life I decided to take on a manager role at work, so my free time has gone down a lot.  The funny thing is I have found more time to go to my LGS and play some.  I have been playing with my cousin's husband and people I am meeting through work.  I just don't have time to do anything with the collection, so hopefully I can correct that and get caught up before Amonkhet.

With my cousin's husband (we will call him Saac from now on), he just started to learn how to play, so we picked up the same amount of packs from the same expansions so we are playing with the same pool of cards.  Then we are building decks and playing against each other.  We will keep those cards and continue to play with those same pools of cards until he learns how to play more.  Once he gets comfortable I think I will just build decks to play against each other until he wants to buy his own cards.  Really I am just hoping to get him up to EDH level of playing so we always have something to play at family functions.

So, while I was up at the store playing with Saac I put in my Amonkhet pre-order at my LGS.  This time we are sticking with the Kid plan and just picking up 6 booster boxes, and 4 bundles.  I know the plan was for 3 bundles, but decided to just pick up a case to make things easy by just getting a case of each.  The spoilers are making me itch to increase my order, but I really need to stick with this, and I figure that the post release prices should be ok to pay if things get crazy.

But I now have all the cards updated within Deckbox and within my spreadsheets.  What that means is I have the bought collection inventoried into my Master spreadsheet, and I have uploaded all the cards in the collection in my Tradelist on Deckbox.org.  So let the trading begin.

Funny thing is I already have trades coming in for the cards that I uploaded.

Another thing to point out while I sorted the new collection into my collection of rares and bulk, I have put all the valued tradable cards in black sleeves so I know when I trade away a bought collection card rather than my personal collection card.  I don't know if that is really going to make a difference, but I think it was a good idea just to know.

Through that process I uncovered some common / uncommons that I was missing, so the collection count has gone down.  I was pleasantly surprised because I thought I was finished adding to my collection count with my first run through.  Let's look and see what we picked up!

Sixth Edition

Seventh Edition

Eighth Edition

Commander 2009

Champions of Kamigawa

Betrayers of Kamigawa

Saviors of Kamigawa

So nothing really huge, but some good pickups that I don't need to worry about anymore.  Every little bit counts, and I am really really close to 3 digits!  I do have a trade in the works with another Canadian trader, and we all know what I think of those lovely Canadian traders!

More to come!

P.S.  It is a Boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Break time

I am going to be taking a break from updating my blog until I start doing more with Magic the Gathering.  I am not going to sell the collect...