Thursday, June 18, 2015

15,101 Decent trade, and very happy!



Ok so here was a fantastic trade.  I got some really good cards from the want list, finishing out my Doubling Seasons, and my first Fulminator Mages.  I was also able to pick up a couple more Eventide lands, and a couple steps closer to my Shards of Alara set.

Shadowmoor and Eventide are great pickups because they are some of the most needed Modern sets I am in search of.  I am starting to think that this search for Modern sets is going to be more painful than the Legacy cards.  Granted I had most of the really expensive cards, and it was painful down trading for a lot of throwaway rares, but I hope it pays off in the end.

Back in the day when Alpha cards were less expensive than the Beta because of the corners and no one wanted them, I should have picked up those cards.  Now by no means do I think the inflation of the Legacy sets I just picked up by the same rate, but I do think that the prices of these lesser collected sets will show in time.

Big win here is I only had to trade away a foil Ugin, the Spirit Dragon, 3 Den Protectors, and 1 Mistcutter Hydra.  A foil that I could care less about, and 4 standard cards that I will be able to pickup for 1/5 the price they are at now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Break time

I am going to be taking a break from updating my blog until I start doing more with Magic the Gathering.  I am not going to sell the collect...