Tuesday, September 4, 2018

MN Meet-up with a play on Power

Last night I was able to meet up with Michael (one of the founders of CardSphere), Bodey (another user on CardSphere), and another MTG player.  He was in town for a family trip, and setup a nice little meet up at my LGS!

It was a really good meeting, and we talked about a lot of things.  There was a lot of CardSphere talk, and it was really interesting to hear about what it is like to run a site like theirs.  It sounds like a lot of work, and I am just really happy to have folks like Michael running the site.  It is pretty amazing to think about all the work that they do, at the same time keeping their day jobs, and saving some time to spend with family!

Just makes me think I should not complain about not having any time to get the things I want to get done.



I was also known as "The guy who sent the Pearl" because last week I sent a Mox Pearl to another user on CardSphere.  It was the second piece of power that has been sent through the site, and I was the lucky sender of the first piece of power too!

I am starting to ship off some of my power in order to finish up my sealed products.  I am just tired of sitting on Power 9 cards while there are really good people out there just waiting to own some of it themselves.  So really, if I can get what I need for the collection, and get some of these cards out in the wild, it is a win/win for me.  More Vintage players and I get to fulfill my dreams of the collection of a lifetime.

So this was traded away in order to pay for cards that I have already purchased, and a sealed box of 4th Edition that is coming in the mail.  I am also refunding the cost of the Ravnica: City of Guilds box I got earlier this year.  There was a trader that let me know they had the box sitting and waiting, so I decided to just deposit enough for the trade.  It got me a badge and a nice box of Ravnica!  So now, it is time to put the money back into the family spending account since I have the extra cash.

I am hoping that with these new trades, I will be able to post some more updates with trades I am making to finish up the collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Break time

I am going to be taking a break from updating my blog until I start doing more with Magic the Gathering.  I am not going to sell the collect...